• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Can someone explain why...regular county employees pay an arm and leg for insurance yet, the TDC is entirely paid by the county.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Can someone explain why...regular county employees pay an arm and leg for insurance yet, the TDC is entirely paid by the county.
For all branches of Walton County Government, the county pays for INDIVIDUAL coverage for full-time employees through Florida Blue. Family coverage requires the employee to co-pay. That is, unless something has changed in the last two years.

If you want to talk about an arm and a leg, let's discuss retiree coverage. It's fortunate that my family has it, but...ouch!

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
For all branches of Walton County Government, the county pays for INDIVIDUAL coverage for full-time employees through Florida Blue. Family coverage requires the employee to co-pay. That is, unless something has changed in the last two years.

If you want to talk about an arm and a leg, let's discuss retiree coverage. It's fortunate that my family has it, but...ouch!

Thank you Shallowsnole...now I understand.