• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
I'm embarrassed to say I haven't been by to see Steve at his not-so-new-now eatery yet, but wanting to take some out-of-town guests this week.

Where do you park?
What are the hours?

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
High Point Resort - ask the gate dude where to park for lunch and dinner. Not sure about breakfast.

Maystrong

Beach Lover
Apr 14, 2009
Seacrest
We were regulars there all last year and spring of this year, until it's been made very public that no one is allowed in or "wanted" unless you are High Point guest or owner. I have had friends who have recently been told to leave immediately upon someone discovering they were "just a local" and I even had one friend who received a phone call the next day saying she would prosecuted for trespassing if she ver came on the property again. Personally, I choose to not be embarrassed so we've not been back. I have seen Steve outside of the restaurant and mentioned it to him, he is aware of it, concerned about it, but seems to have his hands tied. I probably should have said before now, that all of this is coming from the Resort Quest Management per the Homeowners Association's request to enforce that being a "private property". We've even spoken to a few of the property owners who seem to be a bit perplexed by all of it, because they want Crabby Steve to stay on property, but it's going to be very hard for him to make it on High Pointe residents' & guests' only! We love Steve, (and Rhonda) and the atmosphere, the food, the affordability.....just everything! But until someone gives me some sort of assurance I won't be kicked out, I'll just have to dream of the California Chicken, a Bushwhacker and the sunset!

Beachberbs

Beach Lover
May 24, 2008
I'm so disappointed. I have heard great things about Crabby Steve's, but I am "just a local" so I guess I won't have the opportunity to check it out as I had hoped.

lookingforhome42

Beach Comber
May 22, 2012
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Anyone may access Crabby Steve's via the beach access. You may get to the restaurant via Rosemary Beach boardwalks or Seacrest. I've worked there since Steve opened and we haven't had any issues (so far) with our guests (local or not) entering via the boardwalk. We hope to see you soon!!

AlphaCrab

Beach Fanatic
Sep 25, 2008
Inlet Beach
Crabby Steve's is outstanding, a real delish beach side food experience. Locals if you like good food you will figure out a way to get there! No whining.:up: Crabby's and the "new" JC's (old Gravel Rd location) are two of the best new eating places east of Seaside, hands down. Although Crabby's is not new.....

beasmiester

Beach Lover
Sep 1, 2009
Us folks that used to enjoy going to Steve's a couple of times a week are hesitant to cross the boundries that have been put in place. Having friends that are also locals that have been told their cars would be towed and others that have ventured from Rosemary down the beach and up the stairs for dinner to be told by Resort Quest Management, "can't you read or do you not understand what No Trespassing, means"? Maybe "Resort Quest" and the HOA for "High Point" want Steve to fail, just as the previous businesses have. And I'm sorry but Emm M Anne is wrong in this instance, I was there when it happened.

lookingforhome42

Beach Comber
May 22, 2012
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
I actually know for a fact that locals and non-residents come in on a regular basis. I understand that some are given grief; however, that is simply because they did not use the beach access.

Iris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2009
Seacrest
Is it considered to be a private or public restaurant?

Anyone may access Crabby Steve's via the beach access. You may get to the restaurant via Rosemary Beach boardwalks or Seacrest. I've worked there since Steve opened and we haven't had any issues (so far) with our guests (local or not) entering via the boardwalk. We hope to see you soon!!

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Of course, "venturing down the beach from Rosemary" also includes knowing the gate code for the Rosemary walkovers, now that they have secured them. Steve's an old favorite from the Carpenter's days in Rosemary, but there sure are a lot of hurdles in place just to eat some lunch with him.