• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
From Walton County Politics Page...

It has been brought to our attention that Commissioner Anderson's office has interceded in a code case becoming "involved in daily operations" which was deemed "inappropriate" behavior by the Grand Jury. Because constituents called and complained to Anderson's office , Anderson's office instructed a code officer to Write a 30 day warning to a wedding venue that has approval by the Planning Dept. to operate as a venue including tents. According to Planning, there is no violation and a warning as directed by Anderson's office is contrary to the venue's approval by Planning.

Per the Grand Jury report, Commissioners are not to get involved in code cases or daily operations.

Call, email, Anderson's office and tell them they need to review the Grand Jury report as to "inappropriate behavior".

Or better yet, call the Asst. State's Attorney office.

www.facebook.com/Waltonpolitics/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE&fref=nf

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Anderson has had some great teachers when it come to ignoring...sunshine laws, inappropriate behavior, disregard for grand jury instructions etc etc. C. Jones is teaching him everything she knows! :cuss:

csgrandm

Beach Comber
Oct 15, 2010
From Walton County Politics Page...

It has been brought to our attention that Commissioner Anderson's office has interceded in a code case becoming "involved in daily operations" which was deemed "inappropriate" behavior by the Grand Jury. Because constituents called and complained to Anderson's office , Anderson's office instructed a code officer to Write a 30 day warning to a wedding venue that has approval by the Planning Dept. to operate as a venue including tents. According to Planning, there is no violation and a warning as directed by Anderson's office is contrary to the venue's approval by Planning.

Per the Grand Jury report, Commissioners are not to get involved in code cases or daily operations.

Call, email, Anderson's office and tell them they need to review the Grand Jury report as to "inappropriate behavior".

Or better yet, call the Asst. State's Attorney office.

www.facebook.com/Waltonpolitics/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE&fref=nf

Are you sure about this? What does "brought to your attention mean." By who? The wedding venue? And what was the 30 day warning written for? Was it for operating as a wedding venue or for some other violation, like music too loud or too many people? There are so many details left out which is ironic since everyone talks about Sunshine Laws on this forum all the time. Its hard to take these accusations seriously under these circumstances. If this really did happen, then why all the secrecy?

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Are you sure about this? What does "brought to your attention mean." By who? The wedding venue? And what was the 30 day warning written for? Was it for operating as a wedding venue or for some other violation, like music too loud or too many people? There are so many details left out which is ironic since everyone talks about Sunshine Laws on this forum all the time. Its hard to take these accusations seriously under these circumstances. If this really did happen, then why all the secrecy?

I didn't write the post, I re-posted it from the link attached to it. May I suggest you follow the forum link and ask the writer? Citizens don't have to follow Sunshine Law on web based forums either and just so you know...The Florida Sunshine Law is a series of laws designed to guarantee that the public has access to the public records of governmental bodies in Florida. This law provides that any records made or received by any public agency (SoWal is a private forum) in the course of its official business are available for inspection, unless specifically exempted by the Florida Legislature. The statutes establish a basic right of access to most meetings of boards, commissions and other governing bodies of state and local governmental agencies or authorities.

If you are going to use Sunshine Law to attack the message would you at least use it in the proper context? Please and thanks.

csgrandm

Beach Comber
Oct 15, 2010
I didn't write the post, I re-posted it from the link attached to it. May I suggest you follow the forum link and ask the writer? Citizens don't have to follow Sunshine Law on web based forums either and just so you know...The Florida Sunshine Law is a series of laws designed to guarantee that the public has access to the public records of governmental bodies in Florida. This law provides that any records made or received by any public agency (SoWal is a private forum) in the course of its official business are available for inspection, unless specifically exempted by the Florida Legislature. The statutes establish a basic right of access to most meetings of boards, commissions and other governing bodies of state and local governmental agencies or authorities.

If you are going to use Sunshine Law to attack the message would you at least use it in the proper context? Please and thanks.

Wow! I really wasn't trying to "attack" anything. I was just genuinely trying to express my concern over people posting things that appear unverified, one-sided, or simply not true. It happens often on the Sowal forum and it has bothered me for awhile so I thought I would finally speak up about it. Jeez, is that not allowed?

Regarding the Sunshine Laws... I am fully aware of what they are are. The Sunshine Laws are based on the idea of transparency and the point I was trying to make is that if we are going to ask that our elected officials be transparent, shouldn't we also be transparent, especially when criticizing them?

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Wow! I really wasn't trying to "attack" anything. I was just genuinely trying to express my concern over people posting things that appear unverified, one-sided, or simply not true. It happens often on the Sowal forum and it has bothered me for awhile so I thought I would finally speak up about it. Jeez, is that not allowed?

Regarding the Sunshine Laws... I am fully aware of what they are are. The Sunshine Laws are based on the idea of transparency and the point I was trying to make is that if we are going to ask that our elected officials be transparent, shouldn't we also be transparent, especially when criticizing them?

Since you brought it up you are saying the message isn't true or unverified or one sided....but it's not attacking the message?? I just simply stated that web based private forums don't fall under Sunshine law.

The Walton County Politics forum on Facebook isn't hiding who they are in fact, most people know the page belongs to Cindy Meadows a former Commissioner. I doubt the information was unverified and don't have much doubt it happened. Code Enforcement is selective at best and downright ridiculous at it's worst.

SoWal is about opinions, be it about Commissioners or anything else. When it comes to actual issues the folks remaining here that have not moved on to the "visioning" page (that's all they have ever had is a vision and no plan to implement them) do make it a point to verify facts when it comes to the antics of the County Commissioners and the City Council. While that may not fit with what some Commissioner may have told you the majority of issues found here are a matter of public record and anyone can request them. Videos of public meetings are online via the County, the City has audio minutes and anyone can view/listen to them via a public information request.

So I guess my point is before accusing someone of saying things that are "unverified, one-sided, or simply not true" you might avail yourself to public records or do your own research but what-ever-you-do don't take the Counties word for much because those Commissioners LIE and will do it to your face with a smile on theirs!!

I'm also curious now...what have you seen here that's one sided or not true?

Last edited:

csgrandm

Beach Comber
Oct 15, 2010
I posted previously the questions I had regarding the issue.

I think you are making a lot of assumptions about my intent. I just noticed that there were a number of significant details left out of the story that made it hard for me to accept it at face value or develop an informed opinion on the issue. When someone leaves out pertinent information, I am always going to be cautious and skeptical. That doesn't mean I am calling anyone a liar.

Wanting more information is not an "attack" and I don't understand why you insist on framing it as such. I am a Walton County resident that believes strongly in following the rules, holding county officials accountable, giving back to the community and being a good neighbor. Thats it. Unfortunately, all that your comments have done are steer me far away from this forum and the Walton County Politics page.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
I posted previously the questions I had regarding the issue.

I think you are making a lot of assumptions about my intent. I just noticed that there were a number of significant details left out of the story that made it hard for me to accept it at face value or develop an informed opinion on the issue. When someone leaves out pertinent information, I am always going to be cautious and skeptical. That doesn't mean I am calling anyone a liar.

Wanting more information is not an "attack" and I don't understand why you insist on framing it as such. I am a Walton County resident that believes strongly in following the rules, holding county officials accountable, giving back to the community and being a good neighbor. Thats it. Unfortunately, all that your comments have done are steer me far away from this forum and the Walton County Politics page.

I don't have the answers to the questions you asked but I did tell you who to contact if you want more information.

The article was simply put here because it's incumbent upon all of us to share information and get to the bottom of issues that effect our lives. Code enforcement or lack thereof being one that effects the majority of SoWal. I also gave you contact information for you to verify what was said in the original post.