• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

goofer

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2005
American Gangster definitely. Denzel and Russell Crowe are phenomenal. If Michael Clayton, with Geoge Clooney is still around, that was my pick so far as best picture of the year. Into the Wild bothered me because the main character was so screwed up.

peapod1980

percy
Oct 3, 2005
Up the hill from the Gateway Arch
So, what'd you end up seeing? Sheesh, leave us hanging.
I thought "rental" about DIRL, too, until I started reading reviews and found out that it was supposed to be really good. So, we went last weekend, and I liked it way more than I anticipated. Plus, then Mr. Pod got to see Juliette Binoche up close and personal. :roll:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
As predicted, my date picked American gangster. I knew we would both enjoy it. Washington and Crowe were good as expected. As an epic crime drama it lacked a bit of depth. It feels like a good movie that wants to be great. It probably needed an extra hour or two. The period feel and detail gets a thumbs up.

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
No Country for Old Men
(Coen Bros.)

I Am Legend
(I'm not a big Will Smith fan but this looks like it might be interesting.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
As predicted, my date picked American gangster. I knew we would both enjoy it. Washington and Crowe were good as expected. As an epic crime drama it lacked a bit of depth. It feels like a good movie that wants to be great. It probably needed an extra hour or two. The period feel and detail gets a thumbs up.

Totally agree Kurt, lacked depth. It was a good movie but I don't know if I would have enjoyed it as much if it was not based on a true story. Crowe and Washington were exceptional.

Chickpea

Beach Fanatic
Dec 15, 2005
30-A Corridor
Totally agree Kurt, lacked depth. It was a good movie but I don't know if I would have enjoyed it as much if it was not based on a true story. Crowe and Washington were exceptional.

The other one who was excellent in this movie was Josh Brolin (at least I thought so!!) He

Chickpea

Beach Fanatic
Dec 15, 2005
30-A Corridor

The other one who was excellent in this movie was Josh Brolin (at least I thought so!!) He was understated yet very powerful!