• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
I and my husband did our homework before purchasing any thing on 30-A. My DEED reads my property goes to the MHWL. So who's paying/reimbursing me for my property tax for "customary use" of my deeded private property? I don't think chairs umbrellas and tents will last the whole day without getting in some waves and water(below MHWL). Which means they'll be on my property to stay dry.
Understand owners have NO rights below MHWL ( per their Deeds) also Vendors can't just set up on public ( all SOWAL beach ARE PUBLIC below MHWL) except when signs say Vendor Zone..So if an owner gives permission to a vendor setting up in their backyard,IT CANNNOT BE SOUTH OF MHWL...PERIOD.......BEACH ENFORCEMENT WILL ENFORCE.?

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
I and my husband did our homework before purchasing any thing on 30-A. My DEED reads my property goes to the MHWL. So who's paying/reimbursing me for my property tax for "customary use" of my deeded private property? I don't think chairs umbrellas and tents will last the whole day without getting in some waves and water(below MHWL). Which means they'll be on my property to stay dry.
Do you know EXACTLY where the MHWL is today? Or where it was when you bought your property? You will need a current (not more than 1 yr. old) topographical survey to show exactly how much of your deeded private property people are on.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Do you know EXACTLY where the MHWL is today? Or where it was when you bought your property? You will need a current (not more than 1 yr. old) topographical survey to show exactly how much of your deeded private property people are on.

Correct.

And there was much discussion about this exact thing with the WCSO Trespass Enforcement Policy that saw a lot of comments on this site.

What is the status of the Policy now? Almost seems like it was designed to fail with this in mind... Make owners jump though hoops with no intent of ever enforcing anything pending Customary Use.

It's brilliant!

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
How are things looking this weekend? Any difference that you can tell as a result of the customary use ordinance or the revised beach activities ordinance?

Easternlakefan

Beach Comber
Apr 20, 2008
Below the line is everyone's. Understood , above the line is not if it's part of your TAXED property. AND YES when we purchased in 2001 we knew where the line was. Had the "survey " done before putting down the payment. And yes we know it moves.
DO those who are coming thru and setting up camp KNOW where the MHWL line is? And what was it ?..15' from the dunes?
May see a lot of surveys done this year.

Bob Bob may need to prove his hypothesis to those who are in buildings built in 1985 and earlier.

FoX

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
off the beach
www.thesimpsons.com
Below the line is everyone's. Understood , above the line is not if it's part of your TAXED property. AND YES when we purchased in 2001 we knew where the line was. Had the "survey " done before putting down the payment. And yes we know it moves.
DO those who are coming thru and setting up camp KNOW where the MHWL line is? And what was it ?..15' from the dunes?
May see a lot of surveys done this year.

Bob Bob may need to prove his hypothesis to those who are in buildings built in 1985 and earlier.
Beach lovers believe the beach belongs to everyone and no one and that's that.