• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Yup, friends, they are now up and lit. We did a couple of laps on the way home from our Thanksgiving trip today about 6:00. Thoroughly enjoyable, for sure!

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
The Tour of Lights around Lake DeFuniak is a "Must not miss event." They are always wonderful. Does anyone have the time schedule or cost for the light tour? May go up this Saturday, Dec. 6. I've missed any mention in the newspapers. Will have to check around for details.

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Finally caught up on a weeks worth of papers. Here's what the ad said in the special Hometown Christmas section of the DeFuniak Springs Herald 11-27-08.

Christmas Reflections, DeFuniak Springs, Florida (R)
Come & Celebrate The Season of Lights
Take a riding tour around Lake DeFuniak and enjoy the beauty of more than 5 million lights and the charm of the decorated seasonal characters.

November 28 thru December 31
Each Evening 5 pm to 9 pm
$3.00 per person, children 6 and under free
Season Passes $35 each
For more information call Howard Rinker at 850-892-5334
or visit web site at www.christmasreflections.com

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Finally caught up on a weeks worth of papers. Here's what the ad said in the special Hometown Christmas section of the DeFuniak Springs Herald 11-27-08.

Christmas Reflections, DeFuniak Springs, Florida (R)
Come & Celebrate The Season of Lights
Take a riding tour around Lake DeFuniak and enjoy the beauty of more than 5 million lights and the charm of the decorated seasonal characters.

November 28 thru December 31
Each Evening 5 pm to 9 pm
$3.00 per person, children 6 and under free
Season Passes $35 each
For more information call Howard Rinker at 850-892-5334
or visit web site at www.christmasreflections.com

Is the website working for you? Email if it does not so I can get up with Howard and let him know.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
THis will be the first year in a long time that I will not be able to see this. :sosad: If anyone reading this has not make the trek to DFS please do, it is beautiful...

jusbeachin

Beach Crab
Dec 17, 2008
Does anyone know where in Defuniak this is? The website is "under construction" so it doesn't say anymore than the newspaper clipping. Coming from Niceville.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
It's all around the lake - they have the incoming streets blocked off w/ sawhorses all the way around, it starts by the library.

My faves were the flamingos, the jumping dolphins, and dinosaurs!

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
In the past we were able to walk around the lake - no charge. If weather is nice that's a good way to see them. Here's flamingos and dolphins. Dinosaurs must be newer?

DSCF0155.jpg

DSCF0150.jpg

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
If you are coming from Niceville on Hwy 20 -- You travel East. Go to Light at Freeport and 331 (new part) and head north to DeFuniak Springs (travel time from Freeport to DeFuniak about 20 minutes). Continue on 331 North past I-10 underpass. Watch your speed here, it is 45 mph in town (often State Trooper and City Police). Continue on four lane 331 road through DeFuniak. You will go past WalMart, Winn Dixie, about 3 miles until you get to light at 331 and Live Oak (slight hill). There will be a Tom Thumb gas station on your left. You turn right on Live Oak (there is a light). Go through 4 way stop at Baptist Church. Continue on Live Oak until you get to Circle Drive. Lights are around historic Circle Drive in DeFuniak Springs. You might need to turn right one street to pick up start of tour. They have volunteers that will take your $3 per person. Open about 5 - 9 p.m. My Mom gets a pass for $35 and can go as often as she likes with a carload. We still give a donation though.

Last edited: