• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
I live in SWOL. The company name is Destin Horse and Carriage. I tried to come up the a general area for handle weddings, engagements, birthdays etc.
I Love SWOL. I dont need a reminder. Maybe I should change the name? SWOL horse and carraige? Would that be better?

How about THE? Beach Horse and Carriage?

...or SeaHorse and Carriage?

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
I live in SWOL. The company name is Destin Horse and Carriage. I tried to come up the a general area for handle weddings, engagements, birthdays etc.
I Love SWOL. I dont need a reminder. Maybe I should change the name? SWOL horse and carraige? Would that be better?

So so sorry maryjojo to make light of your business. I can see now that Smiling joe was right once again, they are black. Just keep posting and you'll get use to the "board" humor! Although, now I feel terrible at how easy it is to be talking about something I know nothing about. I really apologize if I said something that offended you.:bang: I truly am worried about the safety situation for the horses, cars and people.

Kat:blush:

rheffron

Beach Fanatic
Jan 17, 2008
Horses and Carriages have the same rights as bikes and they were here first. If you need to go fast, take 395,283,83, or 393

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
I'm not bothered by the speed issue personally, but when I was behind them traveling north on 393, they were cresting a hill with zero visibility from the opposite direction. Driver patience seems to be in short supply during the season. My concern is for the safety of those beautiful horses.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Big difference between a bike that is on the shoulder and a horse drawn carriage taking up a lane. And rheffron, the horses were ON 283.

I watched some tools put the accelerator through the floor near Grayton so they could pass/drive next to the girls in front of them - oncoming horses (or traffic) were the least of their concerns. :roll:

I have no intensions of slowing traffic down. I was only out getting practice for the parade this weekend. I do agree that it is dangerous when cars are going twice the speed limit of 35mph on 30A. I drove down by car there today to check miles out and while going 35mph I was passed at lest 15 times. This is what I would complain about. The tourist should be going slow and enjoying the views. Anyways... I am mainly here to do weddings, partys, parades and special events. If you saw me on 393 that is where we live and drive the horses occasionaly. I will be going down 393 to do weddings on the beach on the weekends. As far as droppings goes. I have a personal guy on a silver scooter that is not far away. I call him on the radio and he comes to clean the mess. I also have diapers on the horse, so it is just the droppings that miss that he gets.