• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

pizzaeater

Beach Comber
Mar 30, 2007
I was just informed by my daughter's pediatrition that our water does not have fluoride in it. I am shocked!!! I contacted regional utilites and they confirmed it. They didn't really know why though. Does anyone know why we don't have fluoride in our water?

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I never thought it was. (lots o' iron though) :D

Our water wasn't flouridated when I was little so we got little tiny fluoride pills from Heath and Human Services.

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington
I think whether it's good or bad depends on how much access to healthcare and dentistry you and your family enjoy.

I hope those of you who do rejoice in the fact that we've managed to keep fluoride out of the water supply here in Walton County are generous in your support of the Children's Volunteer Health Network. They do a lot of good work for children in the less fortunate part so of the community where many children suffer -- truly suffer -- from horrible dental problems.

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach

Linda

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
I was just informed by my daughter's pediatrition that our water does not have fluoride in it. I am shocked!!! I contacted regional utilites and they confirmed it. They didn't really know why though. Does anyone know why we don't have fluoride in our water?
In my opinion this is a good thing.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ys9q1cvKGk"]YouTube - Professional Perspectives: Fluoride in Tap Water[/ame]

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I think whether it's good or bad depends on how much access to healthcare and dentistry you and your family enjoy.

I hope those of you who do rejoice in the fact that we've managed to keep fluoride out of the water supply here in Walton County are generous in your support of the Children's Volunteer Health Network. They do a lot of good work for children in the less fortunate part so of the community where many children suffer -- truly suffer -- from horrible dental problems.

exactly.