• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

hoover_rc

Beach Lover
Jul 19, 2006
Old Seagrove
www.seasiderep.org
LongDaysPoster.jpg

Wednesday through Saturday | October 8-18

7:30pm | Meeting Hall Theatre

$24 guests/$20 members

Sponsored by The St. Joe Company

Opening October 8 in the Meeting Hall Theatre, The Seaside Repertory Theatre presents Long Day's Journey into Night as the centerpiece of its 5th Annual Autumn Playwright Festival. Directed by Gordon Goede and an expert cast of regional performers, Long Day's Journey will run Wednesdays through Saturdays at 7:30pm. Tickets are now on sale and can be purchased through the theatre's website at www.seasiderep.org or by phone at 850-231-0733. Accenting the show, the playwright festival will also include nightly post-show discussions, a pre-show member party, panel discussions, and more.

The Seaside Repertory Theatre is Northwest Florida's premier professional theatre company, and its 8th season has been sponsored by Pizitz Home and the Cottage Rental Agency. The 2008 Autumn Playwright Festival has been sponsored by the St. Joe Company, the developers behind the award-winning WaterColor, WaterSound and RiverCamps communities.

Director of the Broadway debut of Long Day's Journey into Night, Jose Quintero, comments, "Only an artist of O'Neill's extraordinary skill and perception can draw the curtain on the secrets of his own family to make you peer into your own."

Hailed as one of the greatest American playwrights, Eugene O'Neill is notably acclaimed for bringing so much of himself into his work. O'Neill was one of the first American playwrights to introduce the technique of realism to the stage, moving away from exaggerated emotional acting of past genres to reveal bare honesty and truth on stage without embellishments. Playwright and poet, Eugene O'Neill wrote over twenty-four full-length plays including The Iceman Cometh, Ah, Wilderness!, The Hairy Ape, and A Moon for the Misbegotten. O'Neill is one of the only American playwrights to be honored with the Nobel Prize, as well as four Pulitzer Prizes. Eugene O'Neill won a Nobel Prize for Literature in 1936. In 1957, Long Day's Journey into Night won the Pulitzer Prize for Drama. Literary critic Harold Bloom notes, "the helplessness of family love to sustain, let alone heal, the wounds of marriage, of parenthood, and of sonship, have never been so remorselessly and so pathetically portrayed, and with a force of gesture too painful ever to be forgotten by any of us."

The Rep is honored to bring to life such an important piece of dramatic literature to Panhandle audiences that may never get another chance to see this play in their lifetime. To experience this play in the intimate setting of the Meeting Hall Theatre should be one of the most powerful and moving evenings one ever hopes to experience in the theatre. Following each performance, please join the cast in a discussion about the play and the playwright.

:clap:

Group Sales Opportunities

Are you looking for an entertaining, culturally stimulating evening for your group, class, or organization?

? 20% off ticket price for parties of 8 to 12
? 25% off for parties of 12 or more
? Have a group of 40 or more? Ask about having the entire theatre to yourself, complete with catering.
? Special, last minute ticketing options for students, military, and service industry patrons. $10 tickets!

* Buying tickets online eliminates a $2 handling fee that is charged if purchased over the phone or at the door.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I'll be calling today. Need two tickets for Oct. 8!!!! :clap:

hoover_rc

Beach Lover
Jul 19, 2006
Old Seagrove
www.seasiderep.org
Show opens in only two weeks!

Special opening night Members event at Bud and Alley's on October 8 from 5:30-7:00. Food, Drink, and a light discussion about the play and the author. For tickets to this event, call the box office at 850-231-0733. Tickets are $25 per person for the pre-show party..

Should be a great way to kick off two weeks of Eugene O'Neill!

:clap::clap::clap:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Wow!! Can't wait for tomorrow night!

I just signed up for Facebook but Will has to show me how to use it.:blush:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Wow!! Can't wait for tomorrow night!

I just signed up for Facebook but Will has to show me how to use it.:blush:

Are you in a relationship? :D

I heard a rumor that Miss Kitty is working the Rep next week. jdarg is my headhunter. :wave: