• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jmugs

Beach Crab
Apr 10, 2012
Hello everyone,

My family (wife and three kids - 10/6/3) are looking to visit SoWol for the first time from Chicago right before school starts.

We are looking at the Village of South Walton or Redfish Village, but wondering if anyone knows what their beach access is like (restrooms / chairs / etc).

Any info is appreciated, and recommendations or offers (rental or activity) are certainly welcome!

Thanks!

Jeff
jeffmugs@msn.com

kyleresq

Beach Lover
Jan 19, 2012
I have stayed in the Villages a lot, and we love it - so much so that we decided to build a house right behind it. The Villages share beach access with Seacrest Beach, the name of the housing complex that is behind the Villages. There is a chair rental company that operates on that beach - I don't know their rates. But, many condos that you could rent in the Villages offer beach chairs, etc along with the rental so look for that. The access is probably 3 blocks from the villages but the GREAT part is that they run a tram, which is a large golf cart, and they will drive you from the Villages to the beach access, and come back and get you when you are done. That runs through the end of September, so it will be there when you arrive.

There aren't restrooms at the beach entrance that the Villages uses, but if you walk a little further to the Rosemary Beach entrance, there is a restroom at the top of the boardwalk there. There is also a restaurant just east of the Villages entrance that has restrooms, I believe.

Sorry, I don't know a lot about Redfish village.

Have a great trip!

Hello everyone,

My family (wife and three kids - 10/6/3) are looking to visit SoWol for the first time from Chicago right before school starts.

We are looking at the Village of South Walton or Redfish Village, but wondering if anyone knows what their beach access is like (restrooms / chairs / etc).

Any info is appreciated, and recommendations or offers (rental or activity) are certainly welcome!

Thanks!

Jeff
jeffmugs@msn.com

jmugs

Beach Crab
Apr 10, 2012
Thanks for the response. We are looking for the perfect combination of a larger pool and close beach access. The found the perfect property at the Village of SW. We were just concerned about ease of getting to beach with the kids. The agent who the property is listed with has been quick to reply to emails, but has offered very little in suggestions or opinions, just facts. Also, it appears some agents offer items with rentals (chairs, coupons, etc)...this this one. This would be our first time visiting the area and not sure what to expect. So we are having a hard time commiting to this one, but your opinion of the Village does help!

Thanks!

indianapolice

Beach Comber
Aug 11, 2011
http://getawayon30a.com/

We reside in Indianapolis, Indiana, where we work in the areas of law enforcement and education. Owning a vacation home along Scenic Highway 30A has been a dream for us for many years. We have been vacationing in the beautiful beaches of South Walton for the past 10 years with our children, we had always hoped that one day we could own property of our own in this splendid vacation destination. Now that our dream has come true, we are more than happy to share our great little beach getaway with you!

No reason to pay unreasonable rates by going through a property management company. Save your money and have more to spend while on vacation :clap:

jmugs

Beach Crab
Apr 10, 2012
Ok - so we finally decided and rented a property! Soooo looking forward to this August trip. Now for suggestions (with kids)...beach chair rental companies, coupon books, surfing lessons, sunset cruise, shelling, etc...

Thanks!

BeachbumAggie

Beach Fanatic
Jun 6, 2008
Arlington, TX
Shelling isn't usually that good in the area but you can go to Panama City and take a boat ride to Shell Island and there are lots of shells-no bathrooms and you take a picnic, it was so hot that we had a hard time enjoying it but would've liked it if it hadn't been hotter than the face of the sun. I'm from Texas and it was still really hot to me! We drive and have our own beach chairs but we always see beach chair companies that do daily set ups. I've not looked for any coupons but a few places do early bird dinner specials. There are fishing trips out of Grayton Beach, Destin Harbor and I'm sure Panama City. Seaside has a movie night and music night, Rosemary has a movie night I think, too-all free and open to all.

Have a great time!