Fishin Chix

Discussion in 'Events and Activities' started by beach blessings, Jan 17, 2008.

1. beach blessings

beach blessings Beach Lover

We would like to get the feedback from everyone about starting the 1st chapter of Fishin Chix here on 30A. Go to www.fishinchix.com for national info.
    We have started the ground work for doing so and would like to find out who would be interested. The organization is for women only; although men can help out from time to time...Giving women a networking opportunity, while also enjoying friends, cocktails, and of course FISHING! Yes, Girls we will learn from our own Bo Walker how to fish these here waters!

If you may, it is sort of the alternative to the red-hat society for baby-boomers. We already have the commitment of Stinky's Fish Camp, Hurricane Oyster Bar & Grill, Blue Orleans, and Sally's Backside to host our weekly happy hour, and Bo will be joing us for a lesson on FISHING. So don't worry if your never fish, or love it...we are sure to have a great time!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2008
  2. JUL

JUL Beach Fanatic

sounds like funn....I have only fished in fresh water....I guess fishing is fishing:D

3. Grayton Girl

Grayton Girl Beach Fanatic

This sounds fun, Sunset Baby! I'd love to go fishing with a bunch of women! Where can I get more details?

4. florida girl

florida girl Beach Fanatic

I love to fish! Had some wonderful memories with my dad, from up river to floundering in the lakes, to Pompano fishing! Have boats, will travel!

5. NotnKansas

NotnKansas Beach Lover

6. jodiFL

jodiFL Beach Fanatic

Well I have drank with Bo before but never fished! I hear he is pretty good at it. I would LOVE to get involved in this since the hubby wont take me anymore because I always out fish him. Let me know when.. I'm in!
    "Taco flavored Doritos
    And my orange life vest... FISH ON!"

Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  7. scooterbug44

scooterbug44 SoWal Expert

I'm in*! I love deep sea fishing! :D

*As long as I don't have to take the fish off the hook or clean it! ;-)

Or bait the hook with live fish! (leeches, squid, fish pieces all okay).

8. florida girl

florida girl Beach Fanatic

Bring on the worms! That's too cool!

9. beach blessings

:clap:Wow, the interest is GREAT! Yes, it will be a blast to be able to get together and have a good time while networking among one-another. Stay tuned to SoWall for more details...Our first meeting will be Mid February... Tuesdays will be the happy hour day each week. This way everyone should be able to attend at least one a month...or more of course! There are three tournaments a year for us to compete in...great exposure for 30A. Make sure to go to www.fishinchix.com for all deatils on history and such of the organization. As I said earlier, this is the 1st Fishin Chix chapter, it has only been national membership thus far. We will start with the membership drive in February and March then we will begin the local activities and fishing camps.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2008
  10. beach blessings

For all info on Fishin Chix got to www.fishinchix.com . This will give you history, tournaments, and all else...

Girls Rule! As they say..Give a girl a fish...she will eat. Teach a Girl to Fish and she will feed the thousands!

Yes, Capt Bo Walker is one of the best for the type of fishing we will compete in. Bo will be helping to organize the fishing camp each month...this will be a way for everyone to learn and get ready for the tournaments. Cyndi Eastburn is working on the design for our local 30A Chapter T-Shirt. Exciting! The boys bettter watch out...here we come!

11. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

Too cute...have fun y'all!

12. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

Bo Walker is really a girl? Who'd a thunk it?

13. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

14. beach blessings

He is soo cute in his pionk rubber boots, no all jokes aside..I did mention that guys could help...they just can't join! :floor:

15. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

sunsetbaby, if you want to keep the boys out, just require that all members have to wear the pink shirt, pink shorts and knee high pink rubber boots to each meeting and fishing outing. You won't even have to announce that men aren't allowed.

If it's not too late, you can edit your first post to include the correct link and website. It looks mighty pink (and funn for girls).

16. scooterbug44

scooterbug44 SoWal Expert

Do you really think pink rubber will keep some male members of sowal from joining in the funn? ;-)

They're not organizing a "no boys allowed club", they're trying to form a local chapter of an organization that is trying to increase networking and promote a sport that is rather male oriented among women.

Bo's a male - at least according to friends he's dated and those holey jeans he really needs to retire. :D

p.s. I'd love to go fishing when my lack of makeup at 5 am, clothes for substance (and trying to avoid the family legacy of skin cancer) vs. style, and catching the biggest fish is NOT a gender issue.

17. beach blessings

You said it right...it isn't a gender issue at all, but I don't see any men weraing red hats and attending high tea either. There definaely isn't a reason for anyone to be offended, but seems some poeple can find a way to be offended by everyting that comes accross the table.

I am looking so forward to kicking this off and of course catching the big one! Not that I am a die hard fisherman...like my mother is..but I enjoy the outdoors, and the good times it offers. I can't think of one time that my bathing suit, boat, fishing pole, and of course cold beer ever led to a bad time!

18. MaxxandMe

MaxxandMe Beach Lover

Sounds Great, I will pass the word to some gals I know that would love to do this also. Keep us posted.

19. beach blessings

This will be the first place I will post all details. The agenda for the first two meetings of course will be membership drives, and Bo will also come in to give us an outline for fishing the tournaments (There are three tournaments a year...Pensacola, Orange Beach, and Destin). Looking forward to the great times to come!

20. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

Good point! In fact, judging by the photos of drunkkenartist at his not-my-birthday party, I'd say that requiring pink attire to be worn might actually encourage some of the SoWal guys to join in the funn.

I have no problem with the girls forming their own fishing group. I applaud them. I think the idea is a great way to expose people to fishing, who might otherwise be intimidated by the people who look like pros. I just wanted to pick on the manly Bo Walker for a second. He's too big to pick on face to face, and he might run me over with that big four door four by four Ford pick-up truck.