Fishin Chix

Discussion in 'Events and Activities' started by beach blessings, Jan 17, 2008.

1. jodiFL

jodiFL Beach Fanatic

I GOTTA HAVE SOME OF THESE![​IMG]

2. NotnKansas

NotnKansas Beach Lover

No doubt! I love those boots! So - Tuesday at Hurricane? Anyone know what time?!?

3. jodiFL

jodiFL Beach Fanatic

5pm info - 6pmHappy hour:D LAST i HEARD

Last edited: Feb 29, 2008
  4. ASH

ASH Beach Fanatic

I just figured out how you ladies can keep the men involved without having to take em with. I personally enjoy cleaning fish.
    Now, if I was to be getting free drinks for my efforts, all the better and I bet I'm not alone here. You ladies need only let us guys know when you will be back to shore and line us out with a place to clean fish and all the free beer we can drink while cleaning. We'll be lined up all the way around the corner looking for a knife and board.
    Even if there wasn't a line, I'd still show up for this.
    :drink:

5. cesideart

cesideart Beach Comber

Yes, this week! We will meet at 5:00 Happy hour and meet and greet at Hurricane Oyster Bar! Then at 6:00 we will have a info meeting to go over all the details, and Cyndi Eastburn will talk to us about the shirt design! Next week we will do the same meeting at Stinky's (Same time and day).
    The 3rd and 4th Tues will be for membership drives, leaving April as the month to go into full swing as the first Fishin Chix chapter!

Looking forward to seeing all of you...Tomorrow between 5:00 AND 6:00!

6. cesideart

cesideart Beach Comber

Tomorrow 5:00 at Hurricane Oyster Bar & Grill will be our first meeting.

We will meet at 5:00 for cocktails and a meet and greet time. Then at 6:00 we will start the meeting with info, and Cyndi Eastburn will present the t-shirt artwwork.

See you between 5:00 and 6:00 on the back deck.

Next week we will meet at Stinky's Fish Camp, the the 3rd and 4th Tues we will do the actual membership drive!

See you tomorrow! Watch out 30A...here comes the Catch of 30A...Fishin Chix!

7. NotnKansas

NotnKansas Beach Lover

I can't make it tonight - but I'll be at Stinky's next week for sure!

8. Alyoopster

Alyoopster Beach Lover

Attn: CrazyCoconut/Sunset Baby/Others

I don't want to burst anyones bubble but the way you are affiliating yourselves with Fishin' Chix is not exactly being done correctly. We love that you are getting a group of women involved with fishing and exposing them to Fishin' Chix. However you are not able to have a Fishin' Chix membership drive or apparel with out our consent or participation. Please contact Elese Woolen (Fishin' Chix Membership Director) at the Fishin' Chix office at 850-916-4444 or e-mail her at guppy@fishinchix.com. There is a correct way of going about this and we encourage it. I live in Destin and would have loved to have attended last night but was unaware until someone contacted me about it. I'll make sure that one of us will be able to attend next weeks meeting. Until then...

Thank you!
    Alli Gammel
    alli@fishinchix.com
    850-207-9616

9. seagrovegirl

seagrovegirl Beach Fanatic

Is she wanted at the meeting??? I hate rules........maybe, start your own club.

10. Alyoopster

Alyoopster Beach Lover

We are not enforcing rules. Again...i don't want you all to be taken back from this. We as the brand "Fishin' Chix" have to protect ourselves and make sure that we are represented in the correct way. I would hope that anyone would understand that you can't go around using someones name without consent. When someone else uses "Fishin' Chix" there are legal, liabilty, and representation issues at risk. I cannot stress enough that we LOVE that there is such an interest. We just want to go about it the correct way. We know that we can enhance the fun of it and the participation at the same time! I don't want to put a bad vibe around this at all! That is not what we are trying to do. We want everyone to have fun and get the most out of what we love...fishing! Enjoy the rest of your week. It looks like the weather will be nice this weekend and trout season just opened! Go for it! If you have any further questions feel free to contact us. Tight Lines!!

11. seagrovegirl

seagrovegirl Beach Fanatic

Thank you for the clarification. You probably did not mean to come across as dictarion, however, you started your quote off with " I don't want to burst anyone's bubble". Kinda condescending....

Rules can be good and it can enhance the enjoyment of the activity if done with the right kind of sensitivity. It sounds like a great group of CHIX and hope you have a great time.

12. costakelli

costakelli Beach Comber

I get Alli's point. I have been a member of the Fishin Chix since it started. In order to form a chapter of an established organization and use a trademarked name, everyone should understand you have to notify and involve the organization. Otherwise it really isn't a "Fishin Chix" meeting. I hope a 30 A chapter is formed soon, and in the same manner all other chapters have been formed.

13. jodiFL

jodiFL Beach Fanatic

It was my understanding at the meeting last night that the person organizing this has been in touch with persons involved in the organization. Could it be that maybe they didnt have time to or didnt see reason to notify ALL members?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2008
  14. sunnysusie

sunnysusie Beach Crab

as much as i'm not a good rule follower, i know a lot about the law. what a great thing trademarks and copyrights are.... they protect what we create and allow no one to "caboose" in and take over what we hold sacred. i guess what i'm saying is that there is a natural order of things. some people respect it. others don't. be one who does.

ss

15. organicmama

organicmama Beach Fanatic

I'm a latecomer to this conversation, but strangely I was talking with hubby about joining Fishin' Chix just today and came across this thread.

Any update to it all? Is there still going to be another meeting next week with Alli there?

Thanks!

16. jodiFL

jodiFL Beach Fanatic

I have to step in here and say that the CHIX on this board and in this area do not want to cause any discord among the members of the organization. We would like to start a "chapter" of this only to promote and encourage a sport that we all obviously enjoy. We have every intention of "paying our dues" and would rather become members that proudly display the trademarked logo rather than a group that is being portrayed/thought of as ones who are infringing upon it. As I stated before, the person organizing this meeting (come on sunsetbaby..feel free to jump in here) has spoken to someone in the organization (the name escapes me right now) to get the guidelines, membership obligations etc. The purpose of the meetings is to see if there is enough interest from the population of this area to warrant the hard work that goes into forming a group like this. If anyone could possibly provide me (p.m. preferred) with an email address for the founder/president/other officer I would greatly appreciate it. I feel that we may have offended some members by not including them in this informal meet & greet we held, but would like everyone to know that we have every intention of becoming full-fledged members and look forward to getting to know all of you and having some good times, cold beverages, and serious fishing. We even have some pretty good captains lined up that could possibly contribute something worthwhile, even if it is only that they have the boat! To any of the ladies that are worried about us abusing or using the "Fishin' Chix" in an unauthorized manner please know that we mean no harm...we just want to join what WE perceive as an awesome group of women that seem to enjoy the same things we do. Although some of the response from current members has been kinda of "elitist" in my opinion, I still look forward to joining.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2008
  17. scooterbug44

scooterbug44 SoWal Expert

FTLOG! They started this thread by stating that they wanting to gauge the level of local interest and had already "started the groundwork" to form a chapter.

Sowal women meeting at a bar to see if they have enough to form a local fishing group is not a trademark violation - especially when they state that they are just doing so to see if there is enough potential participation to make it work and explicitly referencing the group they hope they have enough numbers to join.

Between THE, THE, THE beaches and the sphincter clenching on this thread I've had my fill of trademark hysteria today!

18. Alyoopster

Alyoopster Beach Lover

Yeah! Looks like we are all on the same page now. Again...it's all about fun women and fishing. Yes, there was initail contact with Elese (Fishin' Chix Membership Director) about forming the 30A group. But she was never aware of the meeting or that art work was being drawn up. Anywho...we are excited to meet everyone next week! I'm sure it will be a great time! It's so cool to see a group of women getting together to talk fishing! Keep spreading the word. I think that we can get alot of women involved from this area.

Myself and some fellow Fishin' Chix will be attending the opening of the Aesthtic Clinique tonight at RedFish Village. It sounds like alot of fun and they are giving away 1000s of dollars in treatment and products. All are welcome! Call 622-1214 for more info.

19. NotnKansas

NotnKansas Beach Lover

Sooo....are we still meeting next Tuesday at Stinky's? :)

20. jodiFL

jodiFL Beach Fanatic

As far as I know. But I might have to work that night. I wont know until Monday if I will be able to make it.