• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

drunkkenartist

Beach Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
Sunny Hills, FL
www.drunkkenart.com
Bo Walker is really a girl? Who'd a thunk it?

Not hardly. Far from it. :eek:

You said it right...it isn't a gender issue at all, but I don't see any men wearing red hats and attending high tea either.
quote]

Actually, my sister is the president of the Eugene, Oregon Red Hat Society, and I HAVE been too a high tea. Honorary of course. Pics are somewhere around here....

Good point! In fact, judging by the photos of drunkkenartist at his not-my-birthday party, I'd say that requiring pink attire to be worn might actually encourage some of the SoWal guys to join in the funn.
quote]

AAArrrrrggggghhhhh!:eek: For the last time, I HATE PINK!

Y'all don't have to worry about me joining. Or trying to join. I do my fishing with my finger.... as I look over the MENU!
I lived on my own huge a$$ bass infested lake and have no desire to go fishing. I just don't get it.

HOWEVER.....once upon a time 20 years ago, when I was stationed at Eglin, I worked Midnight shift with a late late middle aged woman who would go fishing every morning when we got off work at 7am.
I asked her what was so great about it.

She said she used to go fishing with her husband all the time till he passed and this was a way to reconnect with him. She said she'd roll her cooler and bait kit out to the end of the Fort Walton pier, set up her chair, bait the line, throw it out, secure the pole, open her cooler, pop open the first can of beer in a six pack, and pray to god the fish would bother her!:rotfl:

Sounds like you gals are going to have a great time as well. Post pics!

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
My wife still outfishes me and I think it is just cool. :clap:How she can catch fish sitting right alongside me when I can't.......who knows.:dunno:
I am telling her about this group and hope to get her to join. I think she will have a blast and get some networking in with the locals as well. Looking forward to that first date to have her there.

klauricella

Beach Lover
Dec 19, 2007
Freeport
The only fishing experience I have is on charter boats. I hope that counts. This sounds like so much fun. :clap: When is the first meeting?

NotnKansas

Beach Lover
Aug 3, 2006
SOWAL, FL
Is this still going on next week at the Oyster bar?

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
I was just going to search this thread for new info. Glad I havent missed the first meeting. Ill see you gurls there next week!:D
I guess I'll have to learn how to (gulp) gut the fish and prepare them for cooking, but I'm up for that.
NAH.... this is your chance to help reverse that gender stereo-typing of the men bringing them home and handing them off to the woman to clean and cook. Besides my hubby will at least get to see a fish since he hasnt been able to CATCH any recently.:funn:

Last edited:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I don't clean the fish I catch, let alone someone else's! :blush: Our household rule was that you can catch/shoot whatever you want, but anything that enters the house must be in a grocery store or post-professional taxidermist state.

Free fish to anyone who will clean them (I just like to get a pic of me and my catch first.) ;-)

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Consider "catch and release".
I always release unless I am going to EAT it. I have always believed that if you kill something you better be going to eat it (or vice-versa). Trophy hunting/fishing is ranks right up there with trophy "wives/husbands" IMO.