• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

arthur kahn

Beach Crab
Apr 19, 2017
Memphis/Seaside
I was part of a group of planned development homeowners who commissioned the report. Being a preliminary report based on credible but not yet researched tax consequences of customary use, it doesn't purport to answer any ultimate questions. It does, however, provide sobering, accurate financial data which, no matter one's side on the issue, was certainly not considered by WBCC.

Attachments

• What could your property taxes be ?.pdf
    165.7 KB · Views: 104

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
I wonder why no one ever commissioned a report on how much beach vendors make on 50% of million dollar property that the county gives them for free?

Surely, if the County were charging them for setting up on PUBLIC PROPERTY that tourists pay to come down here to be on, private owners wouldn't have their panties in a snit over people traversing the beach because the tourists would actually have places to enjoy them.

Gravy train in NoWal? Seriously? LOL!

I'm sure just my presence alone in Walton County predates the building of most of those private beach homes and I'll bet ya I walked that property at one time or another with no fear of treading on privately owned beach front property.

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
I wonder why no one ever commissioned a report on how much beach vendors make on 50% of million dollar property that the county gives them for free?

Surely, if the County were charging them for setting up on PUBLIC PROPERTY that tourists pay to come down here to be on, private owners wouldn't have their panties in a snit over people traversing the beach because the tourists would actually have places to enjoy them.

Gravy train in NoWal? Seriously? LOL!

I'm sure just my presence alone in Walton County predates the building of most of those private beach homes and I'll bet ya I walked that property at one time or another with no fear of treading on privately owned beach front property.

Kaydence, most beachfront owners had NO issue with people traversing the beach. Unfortunately, the ones that did have issues with traversing became synonymous with ALL beachfront owners. In regard to setting up and staying for hours on end, that did cause more conflict.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
In regard to setting up and staying for hours on end, that did cause more conflict.

I never wanted to be on any beach that long. I never liked having sand in places where it was never intended to be.

Fins in the water have always freaked me out too.
:sharkfin:

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Kaydence, most beachfront owners had NO issue with people traversing the beach. Unfortunately, the ones that did have issues with traversing became synonymous with ALL beachfront owners. In regard to setting up and staying for hours on end, that did cause more conflict.

This sums up the current mess we have in two sentences.