• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
I do thank you all for expressing your enthusiasm for the event, though, and hope you will be understanding and supportive of the CAA as we prepare for next year's Flutterby Festival at WaterColor.

From the comments above, sounds like the festival has got some supporters who are willing to throw some cash into the event--strike while the iron is hot.

Chandra

Beach Fanatic
Back to Nature - Family Fun Day

I'm sorry to read that the Flutterby Festival will not be held this year. It's such a wonderful event for the kids, though I'm sure next year will be spectacular.

For those looking for something fun to do for the whole family, the SWCC is having their annual Back to Nature Festival with a new feature this year. SWELL is organizing a Family Fun Day as part of the event. The festival will be held on Oct. 18, from 10-4 at the Seaside Lyceum. The details are being finalized, though we are planning to have nature oriented, entertainment and information for the whole family. I'll post again soon with a list of participants and look for the press releases.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
I'm sorry to read that the Flutterby Festival will not be held this year. It's such a wonderful event for the kids, though I'm sure next year will be spectacular.

For those looking for something fun to do for the whole family, the SWCC is having their annual Back to Nature Festival with a new feature this year. SWELL is organizing a Family Fun Day as part of the event. The festival will be held on Oct. 18, from 10-4 at the Seaside Lyceum. The details are being finalized, though we are planning to have nature oriented, entertainment and information for the whole family. I'll post again soon with a list of participants and look for the press releases.

Any chance that you could add the Butterfly Wings for the children. Many of us would be glad to help, I'm sure.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
Any chance that you could add the Butterfly Wings for the children. Many of us would be glad to help, I'm sure.

goodwitch, your a wonderful grandmother! If anyone can get that little girl a flutterby festival this year...it will be you!!!........or at least butterfly wings.......:clap:

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
goodwitch, your a wonderful grandmother! If anyone can get that little girl a flutterby festival this year...it will be you!!!........or at least butterfly wings.......:clap:

Yes--even if I have to make them myself! Thanks:D

Chandra

Beach Fanatic

GW58, I know that the Back to Nature Festival will offer a butterfly walk and I don't see why some of the activities from Flutterby can't be incorporated into our event. If you know of some folks that would like to volunteer or participate, please send them my direction.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
GW58, I know that the Back to Nature Festival will offer a butterfly walk and I don't see why some of the activities from Flutterby can't be incorporated into our event. If you know of some folks that would like to volunteer or participate, please send them my direction.

Thank you very much. Will you send me a PM with you direct contact info please.

:clap::clap:

Chandra

Beach Fanatic
Goodwitch - I sent a pm with my contact info. Following is a list of participants in the Family Fun Day to date.

? 30A Radio ? The Earth Lounge
? Permaculture (sustainable and green living)
? Twin Oak Farms ? organic & local produce, preserves, ice cream, etc.
? Perpetual Imagination
? Herbal tinctures
? Raw & Juicy ? fresh juice, raw foods and juice talks
? Arix Zalace ? vermiculture (worm farm) & turtle flashlight stickers
? Phillip & Candi Ellis ? info. about Montessori
? Seaside Garden tours
? CBA ? touch tank
? Kid?s nature, art, and science activities
? Viewing of Coastal Dune Lake video
? For the Health of It
? Sundog Books ? Children's authors & storytelling
? E.O. Wilson Biophilia Center
? Master Gardeners
? IFAS
? SWCC - Back to Nature registration and info.
? Amavida Coffee
? Flowers by Grove
? Off the Vine
? Compass Builders & Realty

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
Thanks. I will give you a call tomorrow afternoon.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
How much does the festival cost? :dunno: Considering the tens of thousands the TDC has been spending on signs etc. I will be quite annoyed if one of the monsters took away a funn educational opportunity.

I would think that a couple dollar entrance fee and a call for donations could make it still happen.