• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Freeport facts

Beach Comber
Jun 26, 2017
Freeport area
For those that do not know.... At the council meeting on August 8th which went for over 3 hours, some interesting yet very concerning things transpired. Where do I begin? With 4 council members present, a decision was made to give council free medical benefits that equal over 60,000.00 per year of the taxpayers money! This is on top of their already 1200.00 plus "salary" each month. Oh and they feel they deserve a 3% increase in the form of a COLA! That equates to over 100.00 per hour of their time, who makes that in Freeport or even the county? No wonder people want to be in council!
Then the Parks Director informed them that a grant from DEP was awarded to the city, over 190,000.00 for a new trail and fitness area but that papers needed to be signed and sent in by the 11th to proceed. Nothing was said! Not one motion! They were willing to sit there and let over 190,000.00 be declined! It took the director, citizen and legal comment to allow the paperwork to move forward! What small City in America turns down grant funding?
Then at the end of the 3 hours, councilman Farris states that he felt Freeport needed to go in a new direction and made a motion to terminate the parks director! It received a 2nd from Elizabeth Brannon and the vote carried by majority with Amanda Greens vote. The Mayor spoke up commending the job performance of the director, saying that she performed above and beyond and had received exemplary evaluations and that he did not understand. Then there were heated comments from the public. Now citizens are calling and complain in Support of the terminated director, who has applied for and received over 850,000.00 in grant funding for the city, increased programs, took care of all of the parks and the public pool, lead the strategic planning process for the city, and was instrumental in the new web site. Talk about public humiliation and targeting!
So for those that voted for the NEW Direction, job well done! You have accomplished the halt in the progress and future of Freeport, you should be so proud!

Freeport facts

Beach Comber
Jun 26, 2017
Freeport area
I may not be able to vote in Freeport but I will say I am proud of the Freeport Council and congratulations on a job well done.
But of course you would Beth, because you are another self serving person. Who cares nothing about the city as a whole, personal agenda only for you, so happy you are proud of that. Misery loves company so you should have plenty.

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
This makes me think -if this is the kind of stuff you can expect for a city incorporated in 1901 (Freeport) or like Destin in Okaloosa County I can only imagine the shenanigans after incorporating a new city of South Walton(?) advocated by the likes of some of the A Better South Walton. Not sure what would be worst the current inept County commissioners or future City councilmen?

BJackson

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2010
Blue Mountain Beach, Florida
Three views of the Freeport Regional Sports Complex. The first view was posted in June 2014, the second was posted in December 2015 and the third was posted in September 2016. Freeport's Park Director started work in January 2015.

Attachments

• DSC_0193-copy.jpg
    DSC_0193-copy.jpg
    594.3 KB · Views: 188
  • maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 223
  • Sports-Complex-Aerials-7.jpg
    Sports-Complex-Aerials-7.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 194

Freeport facts

Beach Comber
Jun 26, 2017
Freeport area
Three views of the Freeport Regional Sports Complex. The first view was posted in June 2014, the second was posted in December 2015 and the third was posted in September 2016. Freeport's Park Director started work in January 2015.
As always Beth you are providing false statement or obstructing the truth. The director was hired in Jan 2015, the photo with the burnt grass is when the wells we're not operating. You should know that, especially since you have referenced the well incident before. You also fails to put a current so here is one. Fields 4 & 5 we're recently mowed for your information. In the future you might want to at least attempt to put the truth about something, really anything would be nice. But then again why would one expect the truth from you. Anyone can get the current satellite view.Screenshot_20170813-193129.png

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
I can for sure help, I've seen this before. Deer? Deers? Which is it? Well those rodents with tall legs anyhow are coming out of the woods and eating up all the grass seed that has been put down as it sprouts and before it can be seen. What you do is you go by all the hair cutteries in your area, and adjacent areas, to ask them to bag up all the clippings. I'm talking hair clippings not that other kind. And then give the clippings to some of the old men who sit around playing weak poker in the second story of a general store. They'll take that stuff out and spread it around the field. I guess the deer eat the hair clippings along with what grass there is and then choke to death and die. We all know how awful it is to get one hair stuck in our throat! Imagine a handful! Anyhow I think that's how it goes, I turned the movie off before I got to see the actual resolution of that subplot. Give the deers? Deer? corpses to local orphanges for food. Win/win