• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

savvytangerine

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2007
30-A since before I could walk
Seaside has the Truman Show, but Pt. Washington has FROGS!!! This is a great opportunity to come out and see this cult classic, infuse your life with some rich South Walton history, and mix 'n' mingle with some of the SWCC folks. If you don't know what the SWCC is, you can visit their website to discover all the wonderful things they do for our community. http://www.southwaltoncc.org/mc/page.do?sitePageId=47036&orgId=swcc.

Hope to see you there.

Susan Horn & Chandra Hartman

SWELL
South Walton Environmental & Low-impact Living

SWCC Movie Night.
Presenting

FROGS

On January 29th, SWCC will be showing the 1972 horror classic ?Frogs? starring Ray Milland, Joan Van Ark and Sam Elliot and filmed entirely at Eden State Gardens. It is a true Walton County cult classic. The show starts at 6:30 PM and lasts until 8. Its at the library in south Walton and is PG rated.

Grandpa, a crotchety millionaire, has the whole dysfunctional family to his house (Eden) for a birthday shindig. Grandpa is a very toxic environmental polluter, his daughter traps exotic butterflies for her collection and the rest of the family whines about the annoying croaking frogs. While the family is busy complaining and sniping at one another, the frogs and all the slimy, slithery, crawling and creepy critters commence pay-back time to the equally annoying family!

Writer Fran Lebowtiz called Frogs ?the best bad movie I?ve ever seen in my life.?

In keeping with our educational mission, we?ll take a few minutes before the movie and give the audience some ?fun fact? challenges to look for during the movie. The winner of our ?fun fact? challenge will get a door prize the winner will cherish and everyone else will covet.

So bring your popcorn (theres a microwave), a drink (no alcohol please), some friends, and join us for this south Walton experience!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Truman was also filmed in PeeWash.

I watch "Frogs" every now and then. The first time I saw it as a kid it scared the lizard skin out of me. Now it cracks me up.

One of the messages you should tell is not to bring exotic species where they don't belong. One of them giant Brazilian carniverous frogs that got loose done ate my cat.

savvytangerine

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2007
Truman was also filmed in PeeWash.

I watch "Frogs" every now and then. The first time I saw it as a kid it scared the lizard skin out of me. Now it cracks me up.

One of the messages you should tell is not to bring exotic species where they don't belong. One of them giant Brazilian carniverous frogs that got loose done ate my cat.

:rotfl::rotfl:

That must'a been one mighty big frog. :shock:

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Do you know that the library is the ONLY place that has this movie? I tried to find it for YEARS so my kids could see it and ended up checking it out of library several times.

savvytangerine

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2007
Do you know that the library is the ONLY place that has this movie? I tried to find it for YEARS so my kids could see it and ended up checking it out of library several times.

I bought mine from WallMart. I have also seen them for sale at Eden's gift shop. :wave:

It was re-released on DVD semi-recently. So it is a little easier to find now.

Last edited:

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
I bought mine from WallMart. I have also seen them for sale at Eden's gift shop. :wave:

It was re-released on DVD semi-recently. So it is a little easier to find now.
YEA.. I am so gald to hear it. Will have to look for it tomorrow:D

LightWorker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
Home Sweet Home
journals.aol.com
frogs.3.jpg
frogs.4.jpg

frogs.5.jpg
frogs.12.jpg

Love that Sam!!!:love:

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Amazon.com has it!

In reference to the reptiles that got away...I distinctly remember a couple of them that wound up in our neck of the woods. My daddy happened upon a frog that he claimed jumped about 20 feet. :yikes: He claims to have jumped 20 feet in the other direction. (Beer may have been involved, but the point remains the same.)

And I wasn't allowed out to play, at all. It really sucked. :blush:

LightWorker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
Home Sweet Home
journals.aol.com
There is some fun background information that I can provide about this movie as well. The biggest thing is that over 500 Florida frogs and 100 giant South American toads escaped into the Florida swamp during the making of this movie. I do have to wonder what that has done for the environment of that region to have all those critters there.

savvytangerine

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2007
Hope they have a full house tomorrow!

:popcorn:sounds really good right now.. :drool: