• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
For all of you howlers, remember that the Full Moon is tonight! Maybe I'll see you on the beach!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
One day, I'll buy a replacement for the old DSLR, so I can share some cool pics, but for now, you'll just have to settle with the daytime pics.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
I knew it was close. I was out on a boat this past Saturday (not in Sowal) and the tide range was about 8 feet instead of the normal 6 feet. We were able to find a sand bar in one of the local creeks to use as a private beach that is typically 3-4 feet underwater. It was PERFECT!! Unfortunately..... no pictures!

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
Will you please stay up and get a good picture of the moonset. Last night (this morning) the moonset preceding this full moon was a bright red/orange and one of the more incredible moonsets I'd ever seen. It was at 5 a.m. today. I took a picture, but don't know if I can enlarge it enough to be worth looking at. Is there a way to set digital camera to stay open longer to get better picture of moon?

Last edited:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Will you pleae stay up and get a good picture of the moonset. Last night (this morning) the moonset preceding this full moon was a bright red/orange and one of the more incredible moonsets I'd ever seen. It was at 5 a.m. today. I took a picture, but don't know if I can enlarge it enough to be worth looking at. Is there a way to set digital camera to stay open longer to get better picture of moon?

I saw it (I was on a 4 am airport run)- and it was gorgeous!! Big and orange and beautiful!

I would recommend getting up early tomorrow morning to see this one!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
With the compact digital cams, it is tough, but with a bit of trial and error, and understanding of aperture settings, it is possible to get better pics using a digital SLR camera (the fancy cameras that looks like the pro's with the detachable lenses).
Will you pleae stay up and get a good picture of the moonset. Last night (this morning) the moonset preceding this full moon was a bright red/orange and one of the more incredible moonsets I'd ever seen. It was at 5 a.m. today. I took a picture, but don't know if I can enlarge it enough to be worth looking at. Is there a way to set digital camera to stay open longer to get better picture of moon?