• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Fourth Annual Halloween Ghost Walk and History Tour
Camp Helen State Park
6-9pm

The Department of Environmental Protection?s Camp Helen State Park and the Friends of Camp Helen invite everyone to the Fourth Annual Halloween Ghost Walk and History Tour. Camp Helen has a long and varied history, stories and spooky lore that will be shared with visitors while touring the newly restored park buildings. Ghosts, Indians, Pirates and members of the Hicks and Comer families will be brought to life through story and song. Parking will be located at the Winn Dixie parking lot, 1 mile east of the park at the junction of US 98 and Alt US 98.

Free shuttle buses will run all evening during the event. Parking within the park will be limited to handicapped visitors only. Please be aware that the ground is rough in some places. Flashlights are recommended and children are welcome and encouraged to wear costumes. Spooky treats of Shipwreck Cookies and Witch's Cauldron Punch will be served to all who attend!

Saturday, Oct 10th from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
(850) 231-1167

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
Sounds spooktacular to me!! Thanks for posting. Halloween is my birthday and even though this isn't on Oct 31 - I like to celebrate the entire month :D:D:D

Now, if I can just figure out where this is! ;-)

G

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Driving east, after 30-A merges into 98, you drive thru Inlet Beach for about a mile and Camp Helen State Park will be on your right before you go over the Lake Powell bridge into Bay County/Panama City Beach.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Sounds spooktacular to me!! Thanks for posting. Halloween is my birthday and even though this isn't on Oct 31 - I like to celebrate the entire month :D:D:D

Now, if I can just figure out where this is! ;-)

G

you will LOVE halloween/ghost stories at Camp Helen State Park. when you get a chance, either before or after the Oct 10 event, visit during the day when you can really see the beauty of the Park.

jamie

Beach Lover
Mar 3, 2007
Sounds like fun! Always looking for something new & different to do. I'm with you, Gidget, my birthday is just a few days before Halloween, but I love birthdays & like an extended celebration! I already have my list of restaurants to choose from for my dinner out!