• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
OMG! I had heard about the MTV incident but had never seen the videos. Thanks for posting them.

Thankfully, this year he decided to not talk to anybody when he lost album of the year. Rather than venting he just went off and sulked with some friends and refused to talk to the media.

Pumpkin-22

Beach Lover
Jan 14, 2008
Outskirts of Destin
As a big music fan, I disdain the Grammys and am happy to say I only suffered through a few minutes of this year's telecast.

However, you can't argue with these winners:
Michael Brecker
Terence Blanchard
Juan Luis Guerra
Stephen Marley
and, wow, Bruce Springsteen for his instrumental performance of Ennio Morricone's "Once Upon a Time in the West"!

Currently spinning the new Otis Taylor disc.

hnooe

Beach Fanatic
Jul 21, 2007
It was great! I enjoyed it.....hey, what was Cher doing there?--Did she not retire 4 times already...Now I hear she want $60 million for a new show in Vegas. Talk about staying power...whew...I guess some people cannot stay out of the limelight....

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
:lolabove: It's all about perspective. Since I've seen a bunch of photos of her the past few months, I thought she looked pretty good. :roll:
:rotfl: No kidding! I thought she looked pretty fab last night in comparison. I was so afraid she'd be sportin' that yellow bleached hair job!

Anyway, I don't really care what she looks like. I don't think she's a skank either, Just a girl who's taken a wrong turn and needs some guidance.

supermom262

Beach Fanatic
Nov 5, 2006
Grayton Beach
I really like Carrie and the drummers! She was hot in those boots too! She maneuvered the stairs, strutting the the whole time!

Fergie surprised me with her performance with Mr. Legend. I expected some "Clumsy" like popping but wow, she broke out with an incredible ballad!

I also loved Fiest! I had never heard of her! I caught myself rocking out with her!:D

I still can't say enough about Tina and Beyonce. Beyonce had the whole Tina movements going on!

The tribute to the Beatles and Pavarotti were both showstoppers!

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
As a big music fan, I disdain the Grammys and am happy to say I only suffered through a few minutes of this year's telecast.

However, you can't argue with these winners:
Michael Brecker
Terence Blanchard
Juan Luis Guerra
Stephen Marley
and, wow, Bruce Springsteen for his instrumental performance of Ennio Morricone's "Once Upon a Time in the West"!

Currently spinning the new Otis Taylor disc.

Who are these people? :dunno:

Pumpkin-22

Beach Lover
Jan 14, 2008
Outskirts of Destin
Who are these people? :dunno:

Bruce Springsteen had a huge album back in 1984 called "Born in the U.S.A." Between that one and "Purple Rain" by Prince, that's about all we listened to that summer.

Seriously, you don't know who Bruce Springsteen is?

PS-Amy Winehouse sucks