• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

gumby

Beach Lover
Apr 28, 2010
Up the Creek
I just read the newspaper article about the guns being left behind by tourons. I do believe a lot of folks from Texas were in last week. I wonder if there is a connection?

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
It's simply the quality of the tourist.

We used to have a much higher end client base here.

Since the mass marketing of the TDC, post Katrina, we now attract a different type of visitor...

Sad.
We need better Vetting

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
IMO the TDC was great at target marketing and was even lauded for its ability. I don't know if being part of the Visit Florida agency may have impacted that.

vote

Beach Comber
Aug 6, 2008
Maybe we need road stops at the state or county line to check for illegal weapons in vehicles entering. Similar to the checks for illegal fruit entering California or for anything illegal entering from Mexico. Use TDC money to fund the public safety. Once a few are prosecuted word will get out and may make some people think about bringing their gun. A week at the beach for their family and jail time for the gun owner in the vehicle. Embarrass them in front of their own family.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Maybe we need road stops at the state or county line to check for illegal weapons in vehicles entering. Similar to the checks for illegal fruit entering California or for anything illegal entering from Mexico. Use TDC money to fund the public safety. Once a few are prosecuted word will get out and may make some people think about bringing their gun. A week at the beach for their family and jail time for the gun owner in the vehicle. Embarrass them in front of their own family.

The issue of allowing TDC funds for public safety is not new and has been debated. It's a State Legislature Issue. The issue here is that giving WCSO (Adkinson) more money without accountability is an issue... Look at the Fire Department issue and now he needs more money?

Have you ever wondered what the sheriff's budget looks like? Ask him, you'll love your response.

The real solution is to have an Effective Branch of Enforcement with TDC Code Enforcement. We don't have that now. The head of the Code Enforcement is a hangover from the prior administration team that lost all of the gift cards and allowed County Employees to get them by making bogus reservations at State Parks. Empower the staff to do their jobs and keep the BCC members out of their business.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
To have a weapon in your car is not necessarily against the law.

vote

Beach Comber
Aug 6, 2008
To have a weapon in your car is not necessarily against the law.
If you have it stored properly no problem if it is loaded and under your seat or in your glove box illegal if you have a concealed carry license for florida and you have it on your person fine i am not looking to stop legally permitted guns just the illegal guns and the illegally transported guns