• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I have absolutely had it with the MORONS who keep pushing drilling off the Florida coast!!!!!!!

Demand for oil is down, it has been demonstrated just how important the tourism generated by resources is to our economy, and yet these shortsided twits (who are getting money for their support BTW) keep trying to push it through!!!! :bang:

MattLorton

Beach Comber
Aug 3, 2009
Seagrove
count me and my family in the line. You don't hear of people traveling to TX to vacation on the beach for good reason. This must be protected.

I know what you mean... I've been there before.

I will definitely show up for this event.

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Hands Across The Sand is is coming to a beach near you

In the near future The Citizens of Florida will have an opportunity to show their opposition to near shore oil drilling 3 miles off our coast. This movement will be made of people of all walks of life and will cross political affiliations. This movement is not about politics it is about protection of our shoreline, our tourism, our valuable properties and our way of life.

Hands Across the Sand is coming to a beach near you.

It's simple

Step 1. Go to the Beach

Step 2. Hold hands forming lines in the sand against Oil Drilling in our Coastal Waters

Step 3. Leave only your footprints. (forgive the pun)

The date and time of this event will soon be released

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Dear Don,

I had an opportunity to read your position on oil drilling in Florida, which you shared with your long time friend, Dave Rauschkolb.

While this might not be a straight forward "bumper sticker" issue for you, I can assure you that it is a very straight forward issue for millions of Florida voters who love our beaches.

Let me be clear. If you vote to allow for drilling of any kind off the coast of Florida you will lose your job as our Senator.

I urge you to do the right thing and reconsider your strategically ambiguous position on this issue.

-GW

Last edited:

Grayton Girl

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
Sowal
"Protect Florida's Beaches" Website

Hello Everyone:

Please check out this great website: Protect Florida's Beaches from Oil Drilling

It's full of information about why there should be no oil and gas exploration off of Florida's coast. It is a very comprehensive site, it references blogs and newspaper articles on the subject, it gives the history of why drilling is bad for beaches, it has a listing of all "no drilling" resolutions recently passed by local governments, etc.

Dave, this would be a great place to put the word out about the Hands Across the Sand protest when all the dates, times and details are worked out!

If you are interested in this issue - and we ALL should be - you need to see this website.

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Greatest Love of All...

I've thought about this issue a lot this weekend while enjoying our lovely beaches...

Ask yourself a question. What do you love most about living or visiting here? Is it an active lifestyle? Is it the weather? Is it the restaurants? We love all of these things. But when you get to the heart of the question, odds are your answer is that your greatest love of living/visiting here is the beach.

Hold that thought for a minute...

Now ask yourself-
In general what is your greatest love of all. Odds are you would answer that it is your spouse, your children, your family and dear friends.

So what if someone came along with an offer to address any short term monetary/budgetary issues you might have. But there was a risk, albeit a small one, that your greatest love of all could be killed or severely harmed. Would you take the money?

You would not. Because no amount of money is worth putting your greatest love of all in harm's way.

Despite what the corporations, the lobbyists and the politicians say, this really is a simple issue. They are considering putting our greatest love of all in harm's way.

This isn't about energy independence, this isn't about lowering anyone's cost at the pump. This isn't about creating jobs. This is about the rich and powerful wanting to become more rich and powerful.

The oil companies will parade their experts in front of our elected officials. They will present data that says drilling is safe because of advancement in technology and technique. They will make many promises and entice us with legal tender.

No. Not here. There are some things more precious than money.

Let's send a message to our elected officials that we will hold them accountable. As far as I am concerned, any politican who is seriously considering putting my greatest love of all in harm's way should be aggressively campaigned against. They lack judgement or their priorities are misplaced. They don't represent our best interests but rather- they represent the interests of oil companies. They are in it for only the legal tender.

End rant.

G

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.