• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
79 were at Blue Mountain Beach.
My Wife and I met Andy A and his lovely bride Betty at White Cliffs and stood with them for awhile before heading to Blue mountain.

Someone there was taking pictures.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
There were about 350-400 people at Seaside. We came together at various times, and looked darn impressive. It was fun. :blush:

I was there and saw lots of friends and friendly faces. When it came time for everyone to line up and hold hands I was lucky enough to be surrounded by about 8 little boys - they were having a blast! looking up and down the beach I saw how long the line was in both directions - I was emotionally overwhelmed to think of how wonderful it is to live here. The weather was PERFECT - sunny, cool but without much wind so we were warm in the sun. The people definitely showed up to draw a line in the sand.

and to end a perfectly beautiful, peaceful protest on a gorgeous beach... a crowd enjoyed a New Orleans-style brass band playing in the streets, bringing a little bit of New Orleans mardi gras straight to SoWal... and these guys (several) were seriously good!!! Never thought I would see a true piece of mardi gras in the middle of Seaside.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Grayton beach had approximately 150-200 folks and despite peoples fears very few vehicles. Video coming soon.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
A few snaps from Grayton. As SWGB said above, I think 150 was about right. We could see maybe 20 or so people down at Gulf Trace, too:clap:

Hey, and elected officials, I want you to know most of the people were locals who vote! Don't do anything stupid to the one and only Emerald Coast!