• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I don't know about you guys, but, after standing on the beach yesterday, and seeing these great pictures today, I am feeling very proud to be a part of this wonderful community...:love: Let's keep this feeling alive.

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
I don't know about you guys, but, after standing on the beach yesterday, and seeing these great pictures today, I am feeling very proud to be a part of this wonderful community...:love: Let's keep this feeling alive.

My dh and I thought same thing. It was just very uplifting to hold hands and smile with others. AND seeing the children and their parents was heart warming. :love: What a great start to our new lives here in SoWal and ONLY thanks to the forum for getting the word out or I'd have never known! :clap:

BTW, everyone was asking about our tshirts as my dh and I were, I believe, the only ones who had event tshirts. I am again thankful to the forum for letting me know about the shirts. What a great memento.

So does anyone have a final count - a total of all beaches yet? Perhaps it is listed and I haven't read it yet. If so, kindly point me to the link :D

Thanks again
G

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Hundreds line Pinellas County beaches to protest near-shore oil drilling - St. Petersburg Times

ST. PETE BEACH — Bob Ullmark didn't have any trouble explaining why he came to the beach on a chilly, windy Saturday.
"We don't want any nasty oil in the water," said Ullmark, 53, of St. Petersburg.
Neither did U.S. Rep. C.W. Bill Young, R-Indian Shores: "We're not going to stand here and allow drilling right off these beautiful beaches."
Hundreds lined Pinellas County's beaches and many more came to more than 70 coastal locations around Florida to protest the idea of drilling close to the state's shoreline. They dressed in black, the color of an oil spill, and held hands in a long lines running down several beaches, including Clearwater Beach, Treasure Island and Indian Rocks Beach.

B4S_oilprotest02141_107781c.jpg