• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

savvytangerine

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2007
30-A since before I could walk
There is a ghost tour Saturday nigth at Camp Helen. I don't know if it is tomorrow or next week.

Thanks for the lead! :wave:

When: Oct. 20, 6 ? 9 p.m.
What: Ghost Walk and History Tour
Where: Camp Helen State Park, the park is on U.S. Highway 98, just west of the Phillips Inlet bridge at the Walton and Bay county line.
A shuttle bus will carry visitors from the Winn-Dixie parking lot.
Parking at the park will be limited to handicapped patrons.
The cost is $5 for adults and $3 for children, 12 and under.

When: Oct. 26 -27, 6:30 ? 10 p.m., last ticket sold at 9:30 p.m.
What: Haunted Forest Hayride and Fantasyland
Where: Topsail Hill Preserve State Park, the day-use entrance at the west end of County Road 30A
Cost: Hayride - $5 per person, Fantasyland, entry is free, games and prizes - $1

Source:
Walton Sun - Article Library

seacrestkristi

Beach Fanatic
Nov 27, 2005
That was a great way to start my morning! :lol: Where is that? What a spooky looking house.

I'm so glad you liked it.;-) :D Looks like there's been lots of lurkers but no comments. :roll: I was tryin' to get it posted last night before you logged off but I had to get them out of my camera first, then to the gallery. The house was part of my ride in the country yesterday, up by Defeated Creek, Tennessee. There probably are all kinds of ghosts, esp. civil war ghosts in that area. It's real historical. The hwy you take to get there is Historic Avery Trace. Me and Hubba were thinkin' about the covered wagons and families that passed that same way. It's beautiful there. I'm glad you liked it. I took the pix because of the trim on the house. It does look kind of ghosty though. so I decided to do a little haunted tour for ya. :DThe barn was on a piece of property that is being auctioned Sat morning we stopped by. What a farm. :love: They are even auctioning all the quilts the lady that lived there made, like 50 quilts. That was a different little white farm house.The actual farm land was in a flat valley surrounded by hills. So peaceful looking. Deer and turkey were everywhere. I just missed a deer on the way home at dusk. :eek: I'm glad you liked it. :D :cool:I also found a funnE sign I posted under a thread called 'Look What I..."in the lounge. I hope all the Funn's see it.

Last edited:

LightWorker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
Home Sweet Home
journals.aol.com
Is that you?
alien.JPG

Cool.....This is my fav. :clap::clap::clap:

savvytangerine

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2007
30-A since before I could walk
I'm so glad you liked it.;-) :D Looks like there's been lots of lurkers but no comments. :roll: I was tryin' to get it posted last night before you logged off but I had to get them out of my camera first, then to the gallery. The house was part of my ride in the country yesterday, up by Defeated Creek, Tennessee. There probably are all kinds of ghosts, esp. civil war ghosts in that area. It's real historical. The hwy you take to get there is Historic Avery Trace. Me and Hubba were thinkin' about the covered wagons and families that passed that same way. It's beautiful there. I'm glad you liked it. I took the pix because of the trim on the house. It does look kind of ghosty though. so I decided to do a little haunted tour for ya. :DThe barn was on a piece of property that is being auctioned Sat morning we stopped by. What a farm. :love: They are even auctioning all the quilts the lady that lived there made, like 50 quilts. That was a different little white farm house.The actual farm land was in a flat valley surrounded by hills. So peaceful looking. Deer and turkey were everywhere. I just missed a deer on the way home at dusk. :eek: I'm glad you liked it. :D :cool:I also found a funnE sign I posted under a thread called 'Look What I..."in the lounge. I hope all the Funn's see it.

I did REALLY like it! :wave: Thanks for taking the time to post it - I really enjoyed 'em.

Where is that part of TN? Not ringing any bells.

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove

seacrestkristi

Beach Fanatic
Nov 27, 2005
It was in north central TN, about 20 miles from KY, near the Cordell Hull Dam. :D Glad you liked it, savvy and Lightw. :D :love: My flash accidentally went off and made that deer look kind of like an alien. :blink:

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
:wave: Please share any info you might have or heard on local Haunted Houses, Hay Rides, etc. I live for this stuff - and always feel like I hear about the best one's after the fact.

I know of:
  1. I think it is called "Cocnut Grove" it has a race track, arcade, the maze, and decent Haunted house. Panama City Beach.
  2. JC's Haunted house in Panama City. It is furter in, maybe around the Mall?
  3. The 2nd Annual Haunted House benefiting the Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge opens Friday, Oct. 12 at Hurricane Lanes on Highway 98 in Destin. Haunted House info.

:clap:OHHHHH Savvy.... late last night I had a viewing of "The Shadowman's" :ninja: finishing touches of turning the cafe into a "HAUNTING". If you love haunted houses you will go crazy wild over what is in the building now....and creeping around outside. Even if you don't dine you MUST come by at night and stroll through. You may not find your way out.........:creepy:

:welcome:Kat