• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lisa C

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Apr 16, 2011
Santa Rosa Beach
Program organizers announced the expansion of the nationally recognized Distinguished Young Women program to Walton County.

High school junior girls will compete for a panel of five judges in the following categories: Scholastics (25%), Interview (25%), Talent (20%), Fitness (15%), and Self-Expression (15%). The participant selected as the Distinguished Young Woman of Walton County will advance to compete at the state level in Orlando, Florida in January.

High school juniors who are interested in participating in the 2017 program can register now for the program. Girls must be legal residents of the United States and Florida and live in Walton County.

“This program shaped my college career, as it helped me pay for majority of my education and taught me valuable leadership and interview skills,” commented Julie Stuckey, chairman of Walton County Distinguished Young Woman. “I’m very excited to bring the unique program to our county.”

DYW of Walton County will hold their showcase on June 17th, 2017 at South Walton High School’s auditorium. The program is open to the public, and tickets will be available at the door for $15.

For more information on the Distinguished Young Women of Walton County, please contact program chairman Julie Stuckey at WaltonFL@DistinguishedYW.org

WaltonDYWFlyer (1)-page-0.jpg