• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

LivinEasy

Beach Comber
Mar 23, 2007
Seacrest
I agree that the house to the east is way worse and way more out of place than the Hilton House...also cheap construction, with stucco over wood framing, which is a terrible idea anywhere, but especially on the Gulf. That is why they had it wrapped in tarps for so long as they were repairing all the rot. The nice thing about the Hilton House is that will blend in when Alys Beach is built out. It will no longer have a presence from the road, just from the water. If you ever have a chance, take a look at it from a boat. There is not enough beach to get a good view from there, but it really is spectacular when you can "step back" from it on a boat.

As for the WaterSound Idea House, Stephen Tyler did not buy it, though that would be funny. It was a guy named Bill Taylor, from Birmingham that is President and CEO of Merceded Benz US in Alabama.

waterst1

Beach Lover
Dec 24, 2006
I agree. I thought the house to the east looked much better while it was wrapped in tarps...

waterst1

Beach Lover
Dec 24, 2006
The WaterSound North Idea House is a modular house built by Haven Homes. It is typical glorified "cracker" style.

seaside2

Beach Fanatic
Apr 2, 2007
All over the place
Typical Southern Living house. They might have a pic and plans on their site. We went through it, and while it was nice and had some good touches, thought it was overpriced

Last edited:

J-WS6

Beach Comber
May 22, 2007
Houston, TX
oh ok, i figured with the name "idea" house i figured it would have been something obscure and interesting like the hilton residence..

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I think the "idea" house everyone was previously refferring to is the one that is in WaterSound near the gulf. It is currently for sale.