• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
granddaughters school has purchased official blackout glasses for ALL students. While outside positioned in supervised groups for limits on viewing time. Bay County bans students from being outside during eclipse????

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
If the local school districts didn't get glasses for all the kids I'm inclined to agree. How are you going to keep that many kids from looking up?

They would be better served by having a class activity that morning to build viewing boxes and use those. They are crazy easy to make

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
I never had a problem after looking at an eclipse in the 70's, but thats just me...download (3).jpg

Magee

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2011
Miramar Beach Florida
My grandchildren go to Destin elementary and Destin middle school. For some reason they had ordered glasses but were sent the wrong ones I don’t know the total story. I remember where I was for the last eclipse in the sixties, do you?

We have made arrangements with the schools to have an excused absence for my grandchildren and we are leaving today Sunday to drive to North Georgia where we will experience 100 percent of the eclipse. We were able to get two sets of glasses distributed FREE by the Walton County Library and I also intend to show my grandchildren how to make this viewing box from a shoe box.

Now this is what you call a cool road trip! .......:)

Magee

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2011
Miramar Beach Florida
We made it back successfully 2:30 a.m. after an awesome day of experiencing one of God’s miracles. My grandkids are already making plans to go to Texas seven years from now to experience the next eclipse. It was a very long trip each way three grandchildren, three adults we were all left with memories we will always remember, well worth the time.
Never give up the opportunity to spend time with your children and grandchildren. Glad to be home! .....:)

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
We made it back successfully 2:30 a.m. after an awesome day of experiencing one of God’s miracles. My grandkids are already making plans to go to Texas seven years from now to experience the next eclipse. It was a very long trip each way three grandchildren, three adults we were all left with memories we will always remember, well worth the time.
Never give up the opportunity to spend time with your children and grandchildren. Glad to be home! .....:)
Bad traffic?

Suzanne Harris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 19, 2008
My grandchildren go to Destin elementary and Destin middle school. For some reason they had ordered glasses but were sent the wrong ones I don’t know the total story. I remember where I was for the last eclipse in the sixties, do you?

We have made arrangements with the schools to have an excused absence for my grandchildren and we are leaving today Sunday to drive to North Georgia where we will experience 100 percent of the eclipse. We were able to get two sets of glasses distributed FREE by the Walton County Library and I also intend to show my grandchildren how to make this viewing box from a shoe box.

Now this is what you call a cool road trip! .......:)
They will remember this wonderful trip with you forever.