• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I think that's Cornman.

Tony Cornman (looks like Comman on the ballot), is the only candidate in the Sheriff's race reported as currently residing in Bay County. Adkinson is the Chief of Police in Defuniak, if I'm not mistaken, so he wouldn't be leaving the area.

Thank you for the clarification. Now I do have to ask and say raise the red flags as to why Charlie Hilton is contributing. I doubt it has anything to do with turtle lights as that's a federal issue, but more towards the fact that a good friend of his happens to own a car dealership that law enforcement is known to purchase vehicles from. :scratch:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
So as long as the Sheriff is receiving bids on vehicles purchased, and the vehicles are needed, what would be the big deal?

Does anyone here think that Alys Beach will be treated differently by the Sheriff's Dept by their developer, Jason Comer, contributing the maximum amount to Adkinson's campaign? Again, we are talking about the Sheriff, not a County Commissioner.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
So as long as the Sheriff is receiving bids on vehicles purchased, and the vehicles are needed, what would be the big deal?

Does anyone here think that Alys Beach will be treated differently by the Sheriff's Dept by their developer, Jason Comer, contributing the maximum amount to Adkinson's campaign? Again, we are talking about the Sheriff, not a County Commissioner.

Bids? Once the sheriff determines what make and model of vehicle that he wants that makes bids pointless. If he's going to go with Crown Vics then the Toyota dealership doesn't have much to bid on do they?

As far as Alys beach they might get more traffic details, but that's about it.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
Do you suppose the Edgewater HOA is looking for more security patrols from the sheriff?

Interesting.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
Bids? Once the sheriff determines what make and model of vehicle that he wants that makes bids pointless. If he's going to go with Crown Vics then the Toyota dealership doesn't have much to bid on do they?

We live in the US of A, do you think Toyota ever had a chance? :D

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I wonder if Joyce Johnson's (the thread-starter) lack of response to my question if she is related to current Sheriff, means that she IS related.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
I wonder if Joyce Johnson's (the thread-starter) lack of response to my question if she is related to current Sheriff, means that she IS related.

SJ, I usually agree with most of your post, but I don't understand the relevance of questioning relations of the thread starter. I am sure we have relatives of all candidates posting here anonymously, so, I can't fault someone who posted here under a real name. I don't know the poster, so, this is a blanket statement.

I say this because like everyone else, I have seen some really strong assertions made on this board anonymously.

In fact, I would think a person who post under a real name, that their assertion would hold more weight, since they can be traced back to a real person.:dunno:

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington
Charlie Hilton is a red flag for me, because he has a history of using political contributions to gain influence. His hold on the property appraisers office in Bay County is the most stark example.

Is there something he wants from the Sheriff? Who knows. The Sheriff sets a lot of policy regarding private beach issues, someone who has a self insured trust has a lot of financial exposure, the Sheriff will have a huge role in the foreclosure backlog. A Sheriff has a great deal of influence.

My point is this -- we hear about contributions being returned or refused in national politics all the time. Given Mr. Hilton's history, if I were running for office I would not accept his money. Particularly not if my campaign were this well financed, and I was receiving $500 contributions from students and bookkeepers.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
SJ, I usually agree with most of your post, but I don't understand the relevance of questioning relations of the thread starter. I am sure we have relatives of all candidates posting here anonymously, so, I can't fault someone who posted here under a real name. I don't know the poster, so, this is a blanket statement.

I asked the question because if she is related to Sheriff Johnson, and she is suggesting that candidate Mike Adkinson is on the take because Charlie Hilton contributed to his campaign, "that just ain't right." Johnson is a common name and maybe she isn't related, but it seemed too coincidental that her first post began with this thread, then she backed out and didn't address my question.

I will add that when someone stirs the pot, then leaves the room abruptly without contributing to the conversation, they are referred to as an internet "troll," by definition. Joyce needs to come back on here and answer the questions.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
I asked the question because if she is related to Sheriff Johnson, and she is suggesting that candidate Mike Adkinson is on the take because Charlie Hilton contributed to his campaign, "that just ain't right." Johnson is a common name and maybe she isn't related, but it seemed too coincidental that her first post began with this thread, then she backed out and didn't address my question.

I will add that when someone stirs the pot, then leaves the room abruptly without contributing to the conversation, they are referred to as an internet "troll," by definition. Joyce needs to come back on here and answer the questions.

And my point being, I think we have a lot of those who are smart enough not to post under their real names;-) :wave: