• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SoWalProfire

Beach Lover
Jul 22, 2008
www.local3516.com
Why can't we get the Sheriff's officers to tell us who they would like to see as Sheriff?

^^^^^^^^^^^
loaded question:wave:

Last edited:

Yahoodie

Beach Lover
Nov 25, 2007
SoWalProFire,
You asked this same question in the other thread.
See below.
These are the answers and your responses
One word answer: "fear" :eek:My sources tell me that while fire fighters are organized and have little to fear from any change of administrations, such is not the case in most police dept. and sheriff's dept. in this area. :bang:
So, if a sheriff candidate supported organized labor, and was subsequently elected, they wouldn't have to fear for their jobs if they utilized their American right to voice their opinion?

hmmmm... interesting

I would really value their opinion today. I wish the sitting sheriff would be open to letting them organize. Then we might really know who they thought would be the best man for the job. I wonder if any of the candidates are open to the idea of an organized labor force in the Sheriff's department.

Remember ??

There is the Fraternal Order of Police which is active in this area. They are about to announce who they endorse.

SoWalProfire

Beach Lover
Jul 22, 2008
www.local3516.com
Thanks hoodie,

I did mention that is was a loaded question right?:D

I was aware that FOP had done their interviews. I am eagerly awaiting their endorsement.

Last edited:

WCcitizens

Beach Lover
Mar 25, 2008
Miramar Beach
FOP Endorsement....

I don't believe that it will make any big difference who the FOP endorses for sheriff in Walton County. .....Walton County has never been too keen on unions in this county. Besides, I heard the FOP had already made their mind up way before the interviews were conducted. I was told that they chose Rick brown, one of their own from okaloosa where their chapter is located. Let's see if true, here in the next few days....when they announce it.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Are you saying that people in this area don't like the idea of paying dues to a Union, only to have the Union, telling them what to do, how to think and how to act? Interesting.

countyline4336

Beach Comber
Apr 16, 2008
funny GOOGLE !!!

Went to GOOGLE this A.M. and typed in "tom cooper for sheriff". First hit was about Sheriff Tom Cooper (a civil war veteran) who got tired of the insanity in the Sheriff's office in Mississippi and walked in the door of the current sheriff and the sheriff (a certified scallawag and carpetbagger) dove out the window. Sheriff Cooper served for 8 years until the local KKK (good ol' boys) became disenchanted with his noncompliance with their views. When they came to tar and feather him, he set up headquarters on the postmaster's front porch with a lantern and 2 pistols and swore to shoot the first one who set foot on the porch steps. Sounds to me like history may repeat itself.

SoWalProfire

Beach Lover
Jul 22, 2008
www.local3516.com
SJ,

You could benefit from doing a little research into the difference between public service Unions (police and fire) and private industry Unions (UAW, Teamsters Etc.) There is a big difference. You seem intelligent and I think you would have some real influence with both Union and non Union working folks if you didn't blindly bash one group or the other.:roll:

It may surprise you to know that most public service Union members are card carrying conservatives. Yep that's right. Republicans

And we don't practice mind control (except on our evil nemesis, the green goblin):rotfl:

Last edited: