I Do Declare...

Discussion in 'All About SoWal' started by Amy S., Apr 18, 2017 at 9:59 AM.

1. Amy S.

Amy S. Beach Comber

Since we are all adults here, and you have all graciously let me speak my mind, I'd like to address a most puzzling issue that came to my attention last fall.

In discussions with a resident of Rosemary Beach, the issue came up that the postal code had been changed. The new postal code for Rosemary is now '32413' instead of what it formerly was. I was lead to believe in past years '32413' zip code had previously been assigned to PCB West, and parts of Inlet Beach, to extend to or just past Walton Co. border. Now, this insanity.

Let's dispense right now with the niceties and get down to what I really think about this. WHAT IN GOD'S NAME possessed some idiot postal management person or person in Washington D.C., to change a silly thing like a zip code? Never you mind its in ROSEMARY BEACH. Are they just effin idiots OR are they wanting to steal away the good name and reputation that Rosemary has? Perhaps this is an all out grab for more tax dollars, OR is PCB trying to hitch its cart behind the advertising train that has become Destin/SanDestin/SoWal? Whose stupid idea was this? Rosemary is not PCB however now that it's all '32413' zip code, tourists won't know the difference or care.... They will simply input the zip code, find a deal and head on down... I think to attach the two is a downright insult to the community of Rosemary, and 30A beware! The rest of your zip codes and privacy may be next to go! It's eroding each day! Did anyone else notice this little sham go on? What would be the purpose for it I wonder? Someone needs to pull their head out of their ass here over this dumb little move. Rosemary people move/live/rent there BECAUSE they don't want to be associated with PCB... I thought everyone knew that.... What an insult this is....

Now that I'm done ranting, and mind you, I don't reside in Rosemary, I'd like to hear thoughts and find out why exactly this was done. I know there are re-zoning things that go on, but across county lines? Seems a bit odd to me as one county cannot take any tax revenue from the other... Seems like a bid for free advertising on m end and I'd like to know who is responsible.

2. seabythegrove

seabythegrove Beach Fanatic

I hope they catch that crazy "Facebook Killer" in Cleveland.

3. Jerry Lewis

Jerry Lewis Beach Fanatic

A zip code is for routing mail. :dunno:

4. Garner

Garner Beach Fanatic

Actually, the eastern end of 30A USED to be 32413 which is shared with PCB. The change a year ago was to make all of the Walton County homes that had been in 32413 into a new ZIP code, 32461. Rosemary, Alys, Watersound, Seacrest, etal. are now in ZIP code 32461.

5. miznotebook

miznotebook Beach Fanatic

This is what the USPS went to in July 2016

Attached Files:

6. Teresa

Teresa SoWal Guide Staff Member

Thank you! 32461 it is for east SoWal: Inlet Beach to Seacrest Beach.

7. happy2Bme

happy2Bme Beach Fanatic

Thank God we got that cleared up!

8. beachmouse

beachmouse Beach Fanatic

And Choctaw Beach and Villa Tasso up on FL 20 have long been 32578 because they're served out of the Niceville PO instead of Freeport.