• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Seaside Rep Theatre

Beach Lover
Feb 1, 2006
The Rep Theatre in Seaside will be presenting a Potluck Indie Film Series that will run every Wednesday from Feb. 8 through March 1.

Films from all over the world were submitted for screening, and those who made the cut will be featured in the month long series.

The Indie Film Series will open on Wednesday, February 8 with the theme "Uncommon Families," which will feature two documentaries and one narrative dealing with families at turning points. February 15th will feature seven short films covering a wide range of topics.

A $5 donation is requested for admission. In the spirit of a "potluck" event, please bring an appetizer to share with other film-goers. Beverages will made available for a small donation.

6 pm - Food & Fellowship; 7 pm - Film screening
Meeting Hall Theatre on Quincy Circle in Seaside
seasiderep.org

Uncle Timmy

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Blue Mountain Beach
Re: Indie Film Series

Sounds like great fun! A nice mid-week social event. Now, I'll just have to figure out what food to bring.......

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
Wednesday Movies at The Rep.

i just finished setting this up, so...

The Seaside Repertory Theatre Presents, 2006 Indie Film Series
In the Seaside Meating Hall theatre
Admission: $5 donation requested
Beverages provided
6pm - food and fellowship
7pm - showtime

In the spirit of a "pot luck' event, bring an appetizer for the other film goers to enjoy. the more to bring, the more to have.

Feb 8th - Uncommon Families
Two documentaries and one narrative dealing with families at turning points

Lucky by Kristen Palana
- The oldest daughter of a New York city taxi driver has dreams of becoming a doctor. can the future still hold surprises even when her life has been planned for her since the age of eight? This experimental documentary short will take you through five years in the life and arranged marriage of Lucky Kaur.

At The Point by Bruce Lane
- A couple returns to their sea island home after a year apart. They are motivated to rethink their relationship by their close friends as well as the spirit of their daughter. Each travel the depths of their own guilt and denial and, with the help of the spirit-child, resurface again.

Wally by Bob Fink
- This Cin?ma v?rit? style documentary explores issues of family loyalty in a modern society. The film follows the lives of a brother and sister, tied together forever by his assumed profound disability, after his overly caretaking parents die unexpectedly.

Total Running Time: 111 minutes

So, if you live here, i hope to see you there.

jr

tylerT

Beach Lover
Nov 22, 2005
Re: Wednesday Movies at The Rep.

wow, that's sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks for the heads up John!!!!! :lol:

It sounds like all the cool kids are going to be there, including GK!!! :cool:

I hope all of you who live here will come enjoy this unique form of entertainment!

steele mama

Beach Fanatic
Mar 14, 2005
Newnan, Georgia

steeleing1 said:
It sounds like all the cool kids are going to be there, including GK!!! :cool:

I hope all of you who live here will come enjoy this unique form of entertainment!
Hey, sweetie!! You should call Aunt Patterson and your sissies and make sure they know about the event! How did the radio spot go today? :love:

steele mama said:
Hey, sweetie!! You should call Aunt Patterson and your sissies and make sure they know about the event! How did the radio spot go today? :love:

The Steeleings will be there! I'll call Patterson. Wish you were here!