• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Here is an interesting site with a webcam on Navarre Beach, down near Pensacola.

NAVARRE BEACH CAM

They were working on renourishing this beach and about 1/2 of it is underwater now.

HERE'S A "BEFORE" PICTURE

There are 2 cameras (you use the links above the photos to click back and forth).

(1) RoboCam #1 sweeps up and down the beach (it takes about minute or so to sweep back and forth so stick with it).

(2) Stationary Cam #2 stays fixed on the West ( toward Pensacola) looking toward the renourishment site.

It's wild and wooley out that way today too! :shock:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Thanks SHELLY! That's interesting to watch! HANG TEN!

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Very interesting indeed. I have passed there a million times, but have never gone over to the beach. One of our nurses daughter used to live there. Finally got tired of rebuilding and moved to Tennessee. :dunno:

Beachlover2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 17, 2005
SoWal
If you do head over to Navarre - cross the bridge and go to Sailors Grill/Juana Bar. Great beach bar - sand under the feet and views of bay and gulf. Good Time - Good food - Good Beer!!!!

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Just_In_Thyme said:
It doesn't look like 1/2 the sand is underwater to me. When you compare your "before" shot to the live camera at http://www.navarrebeachphotos.com/stationary_navarre_cam2.html
it doesn't look as bad as you report. You would expect some high surf with Alberto.

Shelly, have you decided to focus your negativity toward Navarre now and away from 30-A???

Have a friend who lives on that beach--that's what they told me yesterday.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Beachlover2 said:
If you do head over to Navarre - cross the bridge and go to Sailors Grill/Juana Bar. Great beach bar - sand under the feet and views of bay and gulf. Good Time - Good food - Good Beer!!!!

Maybe I'll stop in on my way this year! Thanks for the tip! :D