• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Shandria Pinckard

Beach Crab
Nov 3, 2017
Texas
Hi! I know there are challenges with internet in SoWal.. but I’m planning a long vacation there and will need to work remotely half the time.. Conference calls and webex.. Are there areas in SoWal where internet service is better than in others? Thanks!!

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Sounds like North part of the County may soon have better Internet than SoWal.

Sara Commander pushed for a large project to benefit "Rural" Areas.

Century Link provides internet in my area and it goes down after a strong storm...

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
I work from home in Grayton. I use Mediacom and have had very few problems over the years.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Sounds like North part of the County may soon have better Internet than SoWal.

Sara Commander pushed for a large project to benefit "Rural" Areas.

Century Link provides internet in my area and it goes down after a strong storm...

North part of the county definitely needs something. I believe they too are able to get DSL through CenturyLink but to make a wireless call from my father-in-law's home in Glendale requires driving the truck to the field, parking on top of a terrace and then climbing on top of the truck. And that's with Verizon.

I have CenturyLink and have issues as well. For the vacationer needing internet access, most beach areas in South Walton have cable internet with Mediacom. The west end of Panama City Beach has Wow.

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
Hi Jimmy, this is good to know! I will be on multiple con calls with screen sharing. Fun for me! Lol What about cell service? Any challenges for
For cell, we use T-Mobile. It's fine in Grayton, but it's awful in blue mountain. I have heard verizon is better. Don't know about att.