• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Polar Bear Plunge ? FREE EVENT

A chilly plunge into the Gulf of Mexico to celebrate the New Year and the arrival of winter. T-shirts will be available for purchase, with $5 of every sale donated to the World Wildlife Foundation Polar Bear Project.
When: Jan. 1, 9 a.m.
Where: WaterColor Beach at the WaterColor Inn, 34 Goldenrod Circle, Santa Rosa Beach

:yikes:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I need to remember to go watch this while wearing my new sweater. :rotfl:

I am hoping there will be a surprise visitor! :D

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I hear that a polar bear will be on the beach to make the plunge. Kitty, you should stay up all night then go to this event.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I need to remember to go watch this while wearing my new sweater. :rotfl:

I am hoping there will be a surprise visitor! :D

If you get the urge take the sweater off. Otherwise there will be a moment of warmth before you wake up in the ER.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
I have been amazed at how many people I have seen swimming in the Seacrest Beach pool the last few days. :shock: Some even at night. :shock::shock:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I have been amazed at how many people I have seen swimming in the Seacrest Beach pool the last few days. :shock: Some even at night. :shock::shock:

Alcohol makes you feel warm and numbs the body. Those will be the geniuses that have Pneumonia the first month of 2009.

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
Alcohol makes you feel warm and numbs the body. Those will be the geniuses that have Pneumonia the first month of 2009.

Can we get a ruling from Dr. Skunky on this one....sounds like another myth that swimming in cold water can cause pneumonia!