• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Barcino

Beach Crab
Oct 6, 2006
Hello all, I'm here through Oct 4 and would really like to catch some fish! I've read here that there are Redfish and trout in the dune lakes. Staying at Watercolor so I have easy access to Western Lake and canoe/kayak.

Can I get some recommendations on how to get after these? I have very light tackle (spinning reel) and I'm used to fishing for largemouth bass in Texas, so this is quite new to me. Not sure what lures/bait to be using and what part of the lake to fish.

Thanks!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Hello all, I'm here through Oct 4 and would really like to catch some fish! I've read here that there are Redfish and trout in the dune lakes. Staying at Watercolor so I have easy access to Western Lake and canoe/kayak.

Can I get some recommendations on how to get after these? I have very light tackle (spinning reel) and I'm used to fishing for largemouth bass in Texas, so this is quite new to me. Not sure what lures/bait to be using and what part of the lake to fish.

Thanks!

:welcome:

Redfish and trout are not unlike bass. And you might catch some bass in Western Lake also.

Just about any type of topwater will work, especially at dawn and dusk. Both also like jigs and spoons.

You can also try live shrimp or minnows.

I caught a flounder once with a plastic worm while fishing for bass. ;-)

Good luck!