• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Maystrong

Beach Lover
Apr 14, 2009
Seacrest
OK, SoWal peeps. We need to step up our game on the East End of 98 between the Bay County/Walton County line and 30A! Bay county is doing a huge landscaping project from the Lake Powell Bridge to the county line. So coming out of Bay County and into Walton County is looking really good, then "Welcome to Walton County" and nothing but an ugly, weedy, median. With more and more tourists coming in through the PCB airport, they are welcomed by very nice land/hiway-scaping all the way down 79, and vehicle traffic coming in to SoWal from the north on 331 is welcomed by nice landscaping also! Just sort of chaps my cheeks, to come in to the east end, and see Bay County/PCB looking a step ahead of us!

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
No offense but I liked the natural look of Camp Helen State Park as opposed to all the crap palm trees. Inlet Beach looked much better before all the strip malls and signs and light pollution.

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
OK, SoWal peeps. We need to step up our game on the East End of 98 between the Bay County/Walton County line and 30A! Bay county is doing a huge landscaping project from the Lake Powell Bridge to the county line. So coming out of Bay County and into Walton County is looking really good, then "Welcome to Walton County" and nothing but an ugly, weedy, median. With more and more tourists coming in through the PCB airport, they are welcomed by very nice land/hiway-scaping all the way down 79, and vehicle traffic coming in to SoWal from the north on 331 is welcomed by nice landscaping also! Just sort of chaps my cheeks, to come in to the east end, and see Bay County/PCB looking a step ahead of us!
I think there is something in the works. I agree with you that Bay County has done a great job on 79. If they do something similar on 98, I'm sure it will look really good. I think the Scenic Corridor Foundation is involved in the future landscape plans. Leigh Moore would know.

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
I think the recent landscaping on 331 south of the bridge is pretty nice. If we could do something similar to that with native plants over on the east end of 98, I think it would be an improvement.