• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
TRUTH BOMB! Better to be atheist or agnostic with compassion and empathy for people and animals, than a self proclaimed Christian with NO CONCEPT of the "Golden Rule"!

Dear Mayor Bob Campbell,

How dare you!

In your recent letter to the Editor you talk about mercy for someone who owed the City $3,800 dollars from a 4 month past due water bill. In your effort to illicit more sympathy your letter also mentions a paraplegic, wheelchair bound wife and 3 down syndrome children, 2 of which were adopted knowing they had special needs.

What you failed to mention was the wheelchair bound wife was gifted a $25 thousand dollar upright wheelchair and a handicapped $60 thousand dollar van that was also purchased (from donations) to help the wheelchair bound wife get around and do things like pay bills, go grocery shopping, keep medical appointments etc. Ironically, the wheelchair wife was able to make a grand entrance into a BCC meeting to thank the BCC and the people of this county for their "generous donations" in helping to make their lives easier but she couldn't get it to City Hall to pay or dispute their water bill???

Give me a break!

Sympathy is somewhere between sh*t and syphilis in the dictionary Mr. Bob Campbell.

Let's talk about your mercy while I am on this rant...

My 85 year old father is laying here near death. I literally brought the man home to die Mr. Campbell. We have generated more trash in the last week than we have in the last year I have lived here caring for him because of the medical pads, gloves, diapers and trash from people bringing food or just stopping by to say goodbye. My father has lived in this house 25 years and always paid his water/sewage/garbage bills ON TIME and yesterday when I called the City to ask for an extra pick up day until we could lay him to final rest and all I got were excuses as to why it couldn't be done but no solutions. Even an extra roll out cart and one day a week pick up is preferable to the garbage being ransacked by stray, roaming, feral cats and strewn across the yard for me to have to go out and pick up because the City isn't going to do it even though it could have been prevented with and extra roll out cart.

The problem with your mercy Mr. Campbell is it only extends to your circle of friends, the rich, the influential or those living WAY above their means who don't pay their bills.
Take your mercy and stick it where the sun never shines Mayor because it does not extend to all those in need in Defuniak Springs.

Sincerely, a resident
Lynda Morse