1. Hello everyone - with recent Forum upgrade, here are a few issues you may need help with. Thanks for your patience!

- some accounts with same email address were merged. So if you have any login issues, send us a message with your username and email address and we'll sort it out.
    - the Forum App is no longer needed and has been disabled. The site is now mobile-friendly. Just browse to http://SoWal.com/forum"> on your phone's browser and tap "add to home screen".
    - Click Here for help, more info, and to post questions / give feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

Local Pug Breeders-Pug Puppy for Xmas?

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by SoWalMom, Nov 20, 2009.

1. SoWalMom

SoWalMom Beach Fanatic

I am looking for a Pug Breeder, prefferably within the Panhandle area. Any leads would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!

2. grace

grace Beach Fanatic

how about adopting a dog in need from a local animal shelter instead??

3. Franny

Franny Beach Fanatic

Contact Rapunzel on this board.

4. SoWalMom

SoWalMom Beach Fanatic

That thought has crossed my mind. I have owned and lost 3 pound puppies (of old age) through the years...so I am not close minded when it comes to adopting! Can you tell me about any of the puppies you have at the shelter? I have 2 very small children, and a 4 year old male Bullmastiff (fixed). Got the bullmastiff when we had our first child so they have grown up together. We love his breed because he is very laid back and calm, and does not require a lot of exercise. We would like a dog that will be easy to train,and small this time around. Not interested in Golden Retreivers, pitbulls, german shepards,labs or any of the latest mixed breeds (ie Labradoodle, Goldendoodle, etc.).

Any information would be great! Thanks so much!

5. meigsart

meigsart Beach Lover

petfinders

Go to petfinders.com and put in your zip code. It will show you many of the available dogs/pups starting with the closest to your area. You can put in size, age, breed, etc. Do check out the Alaqua Animal Refuge west of Freeport on 20. Many of the centers now have websites. I am a major pug fan so I understand your wanting one. Wonderful breed.

6. meigsart

meigsart Beach Lover

petfinder

petfinder not petfinders...sorry

7. SoWalMom

SoWalMom Beach Fanatic

Thank you! :) I will check it out.