• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Molly, Lisa and I took an office break last week and went to Blue Mountain Beach to see our friends at Local Catch and grab some lunch. It's been a while and we've been missing one of our favorite lunch spots since we're sticking fairly close to our Grayton Beach office most of the time during the summer season.

The place was crowded but we were able to find a good table and visit with our good friends - Whitney, Adam, Jimmy, Christine and other locals. We started off with Who Dat Shrimp featuring Fresh Gulf Shrimp wrapped in bacon, tossed in Crystal Buerre Blanc, and served with cabbage salad. And kept going with the famous Nachos - a plate piled high with tortilla chips smothered in braised pork, Monterrey cheese, pico de gallo, pickled jalapenos, white sauce and homemade hot sauce. The three of us couldn't stop eating the nachos but we should have because lunch was coming...

For once, I did not order my favorite Southern Fried Chicken Sandwich with hot sauce and decided to try the Shrimp and Grits Tacos. Molly had grilled fish tacos and Lisa went with the wings tossed in Crystal beurre blanc and served with house white sauce. Our sides included some of my favorite cheese grits in SoWal and perfect green beans.

As always, we loved every bite. We really like hanging out in this comfortable and laid back bar and grill serving up good southern food with a twist. We didn't have room for dessert (Fried Oreos will have to wait til next time). We all agreed that "those nachos were total bad ass" (direct quote from Molly).

150717-Local Catch-002-sowal-2000.jpg
"Bad Ass" pulled pork nachos

150717-Local Catch-003-sowal-2000.jpg
Grilled fresh Gulf fish with cabbage, pico de gallo and house white sauce in a flour tortilla

150717-Local Catch-006-sowal-2000.jpg
Local Catch team is busy this summer

Local Catch is a local gem known for great food, great drinks, and a great time all year long. Sunday Funday music, usually with Forrest Williams Band, takes place every week. Look out for the annual Halloween party on Oct 31 with music and food/drink specials.

Happy hour goes down five days a week at Local Catch, Monday – Friday from 3-5pm.

Stop by Local Catch Bar and Grill at 3711 Scenic Highway 30A in Blue Mountain Beach and let us know what you think! Leave a review on the Local Catch Restaurant Page. And remember to rate and comment on all your favorite restaurants in the SoWal Dining Guide.

Catch you there!

photos by Molly Parker, photographer on staff with SoWal.com and Moon Creek Studios