• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Everyone:

We have very little options when it comes to this.

Cox Cable (West End) and Media-Com (con) to the (East) are TERRIBLE to put it lightly. What's interesting is that they both must seek license to operate in the local county...

Now, to be fair, I'll throw Comcast (CoNcast) into the mix as they too are horrible.

My internet has been snail slow at best the past 4 days. Coincidence, I think not...

I feel this is due to two components; weather and increase in usage (tourists and family visitors).

Bottom line is that much of the cable infrastructure installed years ago simple is either too old or just not enough bandwidth as tech has jumped by leaps and bounds.

Everyone now has "Smartphones". When you consider that this weekend was the "busiest ever", think about all the machines (phones, tablets, laptops) that have come here and are pulling that available bandwidth. We don't have enough and most condos / HOA's that do provide it, don't have the right amount for a tourist destination. I've simply shut mine off and use my cell phone provider. Perhaps the "Millions and Millions" of TDC $$$ can fund an upgrade?

Local Officials should make our cable "highway" a priority or soon we (SoWal) will be the ones envious of north of the bay services and demand compensation back from them... (Sarc).

If any company wants to charge us for "new lines" better think again folks. Refer to that the County holds the ability to provide the LICENSE. Let's make these providers give us what we deserve and pay for. If they want multi-year contracts, provide the infrastructure and lets get down to business...

BTW, I have DishTV and love it. Waiting for their new Internet Based Product to come out might eliminate the need for Cox, Media Com or Comcast. TVs will go away soon with phones and tablets taking over. Just watch what sports related business is doing. ESPN laying off lots of talent? NCAA showing games on only media subscriber channels? Future.

Didn't Sara Commander make a request several months ago for "High Speed" access to rural areas up north? Heck, we need that here in SoWal. Would be interesting to see the documents related to our current deal...

Yet another flaw in the Lack of Planning for such increases by elected officials of the past, hopefully not current.

We all need to consider new, outside the box options for service providers. I believe there are some in the area trying to tap into the disgruntled market place...

carson

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2014
Seagrove
Seagrove is literally the end of Mediacommie's line. Which is then affected by everything upstream.