• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

seancwilliams2015

Beach Crab
May 4, 2015
Hello all,
my name is Sean and I moved out here a month ago. After one month, I have come to the conclusion that I literally live in heaven on earth. I want to live here for the rest of my life. The people are awesome. The beaches are awesome. And the sunsets are the greatest. All in all, I love it here. Thank you.

HappySkipper

Beach Comber
Mar 24, 2015
Tallahassee
Great to hear! My husband and I are planning to move there next year. We want it to be our "forever" home. Raise our kids there. Wasn't sure how we would be seen by locals. But we want to become locals!

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I can't imagine a better community to live or raise children. We may not have all that a typical town offers but that's what makes us unique, imo. After a time, you will realize you don't need all the city things you're used to. You can travel to the city on occasion to find those things. I don't even want to do that now. We're in a perfect place.

We're slowly adding more recreation parks etc for kids and families. This is a good thing. But it isn't what I moved here for. Our playground is all along the beach and parks and waters. We're very rich in beauty and resources already. Our children are the luckiest kids anywhere.