• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
For anyone who thinks that Panama City is just a spot on the map, the next Naval Ship to be commissioned will do so at Port Panama City on a week from Sat., Dec 15. It's name, the USS Mesa Verde. I believe it is scheduled to arrive sometime tonight or tomorrow. Might be fun to check out a modern, working ship. I'm sure that you can google its name and find out more about it and any tours or activities based around it.

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Remember the armed services motto when you go on that ship, don't ask, don't tell, and don't let them do the waterboarding to try to get you to fess up. :funn:

I have some friends that would consider that a bonus. :yikes:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
One other thing, they won't let you on the ship if you are wearing your Hillary for Pres shirt. lol.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
The USS Mesa Verde docked in Port Panama City this morning. You can see it when you are going east on the Hathaway Bridge.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
One other thing, they won't let you on the ship if you are wearing your Hillary for Pres shirt. lol.

Good thing I don't have one of those. I do have "I :love: dick" t-shirt. A throw back to the Nixon era of course.