• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
1. How much do you want to spend per square foot?

2. What do you expect for that price?

3. How much will that cost in Sowal?

Marmot

Beach Lover
Jun 16, 2016
SRB
There are the usual pertinent questions that can be googled, but upon selecting a contractor please ensure that one fully understands the contract. Based on professional suggestions, might want to consider seeking legal counsel to at least review contract and advise changes in vague language, as the contract is provided by the contractor and is written for their benefit and protection. When problems occur, both parties will refer to the contract language (clarity or vague, & open to interpretation??). Also need to have a very detailed material spec sheet, think about every detail of construction and make sure it is in there; ex. texture on wall & ceilings (smooth, light orange peel, heavy......). If using any tile, break a piece that will be used and have all parties sign pieces for reference. I could go on, but documentation is critical and protects all parties.

LiveOak3475

Beach Crab
Apr 4, 2017
Seaside, FL
Hi -

We are looking to build a home along 30 A. Wondering how the build price per square foot compares from Seaside, Watercolor and Seagrove area? I understand there is a "range" depending on finishes, etc, but does anyone know the range for each community?

Thank you!

I am in the process of building a very nice spec home with a builder in Old Seagrove. The location is amazing and only 4 blocks from Seaside and 2 blocks from the beach. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you if interested in buying instead of dealing with the process of building. It is very difficult down here... Message me if you would like to discuss.

Hi -

We are looking to build a home along 30 A. Wondering how the build price per square foot compares from Seaside, Watercolor and Seagrove area? I understand there is a "range" depending on finishes, etc, but does anyone know the range for each community?

Thank you!
I'd say $185-$270, average for a modest yet nice home $200-$240 per sq ft. My significant other is a builder and is on the board for the local building association and I have 17 years real estate experience, if I can assist you, I'm here. I can help you locate land and the right builder choices to choose for for the location and type of home you hope to build. Good luck!!

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Any grade A home builder recommendations for new construction on private lot south of 30A? Getting sq.footage quotes ranging from $150 -$225/sq.ft. Excluding land...
Thoughts?

Marmot

Beach Lover
Jun 16, 2016
SRB
As you are probably aware, ensure allowances they are providing are realistic for plumbing & electrical fixtures along with cabinetry, flooring, solid surfaces, etc.

jkmason

Beach Lover
Mar 10, 2014
Hey Steelman, Deron Strickman, Luke & Blues Builders, built our home on Gulf Point Rd. Solid builder with competitive pricing.

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
I work in the industry and have done work for both of the above, Lou Deman and Deron Strickman. I would highly recommend both of them as extremely competent professionals. I would trust either to build my house.