• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
The attorney hired by the County is now telling the County they can not vote on this issue that would affect Driftwood Estates,

If the commissioners vote to approve the NOPC will the insurance the county has cover the commissioners who vote to approve the NOPC as well as the county now that this letter will be part of the file. I thought Greg was there when the date certain was set to continue. I am I wrong? Surprised he waited until today to send this letter when the date was set weeks ago.

Attachments

• Correspondence to Walton County Commissioners re Sandestin 3.8.2017 w attachments.pdf
    4.4 MB · Views: 228

Suzanne Harris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 19, 2008
Greg Stewart seems to have been paid by the county to fight this for years and has done a good job. He has won 2 or 3 hearing in front of Walton County judges against Becnel in this same case.

So what all of a sudden happened for the county to change their stance and bend over to help Becnel. Not allowing the attorney we have paid a fortune to even be able to speak. Setting a date that they knew he would not be in town tells it all.

Thank you Greg from pointing out to Mark Davis the law and what could cost the tax payers even more money but stupidity on the BCC's part . Not everyone in Walton County can be owned buy a small fee. If indeed the rumor is true , Birthday cards to commissioners with 500.00 dollars in them may not mean you own that commissioners vote if the rumor mill has it correct. Or it could mean that commissioner is between a rock and a hard place when it comes time to vote.

Bill Chapman is the vote to watch as he voted no last time but has the opertunity to make a new motion this time. Sarah and Nipper will stand strong and not put themselves or the county in a use less law suit costing all the tax payers more wasted dollars.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Greg Stewart seems to have been paid by the county to fight this for years and has done a good job. He has won 2 or 3 hearing in front of Walton County judges against Becnel in this same case.

So what all of a sudden happened for the county to change their stance and bend over to help Becnel. Not allowing the attorney we have paid a fortune to even be able to speak. Setting a date that they knew he would not be in town tells it all.

Thank you Greg from pointing out to Mark Davis the law and what could cost the tax payers even more money but stupidity on the BCC's part . Not everyone in Walton County can be owned buy a small fee. If indeed the rumor is true , Birthday cards to commissioners with 500.00 dollars in them may not mean you own that commissioners vote if the rumor mill has it correct. Or it could mean that commissioner is between a rock and a hard place when it comes time to vote.

Bill Chapman is the vote to watch as he voted no last time but has the opportunity to make a new motion this time. Sarah and Nipper will stand strong and not put themselves or the county in a use less law suit costing all the tax payers more wasted dollars.

A. PROHIBITED ACTIONS OR CONDUCT

1. Solicitation and Acceptance of Gifts Public officers, employees, local government attorneys, and candidates are prohibited from soliciting or accepting anything of value, such as a gift, loan, reward, promise of future employment, favor, or service, that is based on an understanding that their vote, official action, or judgment would be influenced by such gift. [Sec. 112.313(2), Fla. Stat.]

Unfortunately the other County Commissioners don't really have much say when it comes to appointments and even if they did, I doubt you'd hear them publicly voice any opposition.

They way I read the letter from the Attorney they can NOT vote on the issue.

Patriot Games

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2014
It's all over folks. 7 High rises approved and 100 acres of open space were created in one fell swoop as the NOPC passed across the board with only one of the 8 high rises off the table. (for now) It looks like checks in the Cayman Islands for chapman, anderson and jones when its all over. I'd say all total about 150 million was generated for a few lousy peanut campaign contributions. What a deal for the developers, they voted to approve it AGAINST the recommendations of their own outside counsel. Comp plan be damned....... I guess that was one hell of a greeting in the birthday card Chapman got from Randy Gardner. Damn Bill I'f I'd known you were that cheap I'd sent you one with 1000 instead of just 500 that I heard you got. It appears the terrible triplets know better than the 4000 plus residents that told the commission thru counsel that it was "beyond capacity". Evidently the triplets think the Sandestin intersection could use another up to 3000 cars a day.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
This is truly a sad day for Walton County. By ignoring the rule of law and the advise of their own attorney, the BCC has consigned thousands of taxpayer dollars to pay for attorneys and defend lawsuits. Those dollars could have been spent on infrastructure and economic development but now they will be wasted. Plus the best interests and property rights of thousands of citizens were ignored and the past orders that people based hundreds of thousands of dollars in investment decisions on are no longer worth the paper they are written on.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Even after the Attorney told them they couldn't?

I'd think that's a real good way to get added to a lawsuit in your personal capacity as well as professional.

Looks like if a voter wants anything done around here we need to start sending BCC Members gift cards.:nono:

Hey, does the TDC have anymore laying in a drawer somewhere?:rotfl:

MorningGlory

Beach Lover
Jul 18, 2016
sowal
This is truly a sad day for Walton County. By ignoring the rule of law and the advise of their own attorney, the BCC has consigned thousands of taxpayer dollars to pay for attorneys and defend lawsuits. Those dollars could have been spent on infrastructure and economic development but now they will be wasted. Plus the best interests and property rights of thousands of citizens were ignored and the past orders that people based hundreds of thousands of dollars in investment decisions on are no longer worth the paper they are written on.

Yes, it is a sad day for Walton County, but the saddest day is election days when the same garbage gets recycled or new garbage is bought and paid for and elected! It's absolutely sickening!!! AND THIS SAME THING HAS HAPPENED FOR YEARS! I've watched some of this same garbage or relatives/friends of original GARBAGE play this game since I was a child. I sometimes think it's not worth being aggravated and stressed over anymore! I think I'll move to Alaska..... Or anywhere other than and far from Walton County! Let them have it!!!! To he** with it and them! Let those that continue to elect them and the couch potatoes who don't even bother to vote put up with there shananigans!

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
My question is...how much money did it cost the taxpayers in legal fees for an expert legal opinion from an attorney which the county hired and chose to ignore?