• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

goofer

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2005
Michael Clayton.....best movie of the year !!! so far anyway.

Eastern Promises.....very violent but great. About the Russian Mafia. The steam bath scene is unbelievable. The "boys" are flying all over the place.

Carol G

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Point Washington
Across the Universe, but people seem to either love it or hate it, might be a good idea to research it a little before you go... I thought it was genius, visually stunning, fabulous music (of course), set in the 60's but totally relevant to today's world, a stellar cast... Julie Taymor is a goddess...

LightWorker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
Home Sweet Home
journals.aol.com
Waiting for Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street with Johnny Depp...Based on the hit Broadway musical which tells the infamous story of Benjamin Barker, a.k.a Sweeney Todd, who sets up a barber shop down in London which is the basis for a sinister partnership with his fellow tenant, Mrs. Lovett.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
:bang: I want to see them all.....g44 I'm so glad to hear someone saw "Michael Clayton" and "Eastern Promises" and gave them a great review. I also want to see "Rendition"

I need a week of nights to go to the movies! Ahhhhhhhhhh the good life.:clap::blush:

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Waiting for Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street with Johnny Depp...Based on the hit Broadway musical which tells the infamous story of Benjamin Barker, a.k.a Sweeney Todd, who sets up a barber shop down in London which is the basis for a sinister partnership with his fellow tenant, Mrs. Lovett.

:clap: Yes! Yes! I want to see anything with Johnny Depp!!!! Good one LW!

goofer

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2005
Went to see "Things We Lost in the Fire" tonite. Great acting...very intense. A moving and deep film. Benicio Del Toro is a shoo in for an oscar nomination for Best Actor. Halle Berry could be one of the most beautiful woman EVER !!

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
Went to see "Things We Lost in the Fire" tonite. Great acting...very intense. A moving and deep film. Benicio Del Toro is a shoo in for an oscar nomination for Best Actor. Halle Berry could be one of the most beautiful woman EVER !!
I think Benicio Del Toro is so under rated. I love him.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach

JohnRudy.....I love Beniciao Del Toro too! I hope it's his time, he deserves it!

g44....finally got to the movies! While in Pensacola yesterday I went with my eldest daughter and grandaughter to see INTO THE WILD. I had heard different reviews. It is 2 1/2 hours long. :popcorn:

This movie is definitely not for everyone.....unless you are open to unconditional truth of another person's life without judging him. I applaud the parents of this young man, his sister, Jon Krakhauer, Sean Penn. Even though this true story happened in the early 90's it could have easily been the late 60's, and probably 2020.

I didn't know for sure if I could watch it......I was scared. The emotional trip is heart wrenching. It's one of those films that leaves you (if you embrace it) asking yourself a lot of questions.

I cautiously suggest it to anyone who is open to different circumstances and how another person deals with it. I will say that it made me remember some of the things that used to be so important in my life. The end was painful.

I loved Vince Vaughn in this movie....his part fit him like a glove. Hal Holbrook was a breath of fresh air and made me laugh....and cry. I hate to see him this aged and fragile. Actually, everyone in this movie did a wonderful job portraying the lives that were touched by Christopher McCandless.....especially Emile Hirsch who played Chris.

I can't get these links to come up, but maybe you can get to them through YouTube:dunno:

1. YouTube - Into The Wild THE REAL Chris Mccandless christopher

2. youTube- Into The Wild O.S.T - Eddie Vedder - Hard Sun - Music Video

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
g44....remember last week we were sitting at the table talking movies and we were trying to think of the name of the film Gary Oldmam was in... as the vampire.

Bram Stoker's............1992 "DRACULA"

I've got to watch it again!!!!!:creepy::clap:

See yall soon!!!!:clap::clap:
:wave:Kat

LightWorker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
Home Sweet Home
journals.aol.com
Kat ...the Unofficial Miss SoWal and the Devils Daughter will see you on Howl...o...ween!!