• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

PoorTruman

Beach Comber
Dec 15, 2009
new-years-poster.jpg

After last year's awesome party, WaterColor is back with another amazing benefit for the Seaside Repertory Theatre. The event is going to be better than ever. Featuring spectacular lighting, each corner of this party is sure to impress. With the talented Dread Clampitt playing in the outside tent, the party also features four bars, an "after party" with DJ EJ, and a wide assortment of great items for the silent auction to benefit the Seaside Rep. In conjunction with Seaside, there will be an awesome fireworks show off the Gulf of Mexico.

Buy your tickets online at www.nyeparty.ticketleap.com/2010
or call the Inn at (850)534-5000

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Bump is right! I think I am slowly coming out of the Christmas fog and can think about this week's holiday schedule!

What a fun week to be in SoWal, and what a great party to close out 2009. Last year's event was a great mix of locals and visitors, and we look forward to seeing familiar and new faces this year! Bringing a warm coat to go outside and watch the fireworks, and I am really intrigued by the "featuring spectacular lighting" part....

So round up your crew of friends, family, total strangers- whoever you want to hang out with on NYE, and head over to Watercolor.:clap:

PoorTruman

Beach Comber
Dec 15, 2009
Time to party like it's 2005! Get your tickets online for the event by clicking here. Tickets are also available at the door.

Here are some things to look forward to at the event:
-DREAD CLAMPITT RETURNS!
-DJ Ed Jack spinning dance tunes in the "After Party at the Party" from the past decade and paying tribute to MJ and Dirty Dancing!
-Warmth with heat inside the Inn and heaters in the tent outside! There are even some fire pits outside for the brave!
-Four great cash bars with mixed drinks, infused vodkas, beer, and wine!
-A HANGOVER BAR complete with food and H2O!
-An awesome Fireworks show in conjunction with Seaside!
-Plus: Valet parking, coat check, and sushi at the bar in the lobby!
-Did I mention Dread Clampitt?

And the best part, this all goes to benefit the only professional theatre in Northwest Florida: The Seaside Repertory Theatre. The silent auction includes stays at Alys Beach, Windmark Beach, Hibiscus B & B, and the WaterColor Inn.

You can also buy your tickets by calling 850-534-5000.

tistheseason

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Atlanta, GA
My mom is in town with her gaggle of girls -- they are thinking about going to this party. Is there a particular dress? Anyone willing to keep their eye on them to make sure they stay in line? No? Ok, well then take pictures, please!!

PoorTruman

Beach Comber
Dec 15, 2009
There's no particular dress code, probably along the lines of resort casual/chic/comfortable. Whatever that means to you :welcome:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Thanks everyone- the party was a great success! And I am so happy it wasn't too cold to watch the fireworks outside at midnight- the Watercolor boardwalk was the perfect spot.

Happy New Year!:clap:

PeterFrohwein

Beach Lover
Aug 29, 2007
Thanks everyone- the party was a great success! And I am so happy it wasn't too cold to watch the fireworks outside at midnight- the Watercolor boardwalk was the perfect spot.

Happy New Year!:clap:

One not so minor complaint.
Why did the band stop playing at mid-night ?
(I can see stopping for the fireworks, but they packed up after that ?)
I would have really been nice to be able to enjoy the band until 2 am.
In fact we (14 in our group) did not get to see them at all because we were eating dinner
at fish out of water until mid-night. When the band stopped
playing the outside tent died. This part of the event could have been
handled better. I have never been to a new years eve party where the main
event/band just stopped playing at mid-night ?

With this being said, I am very glad the event raised a lot of money for the Seaside Rep.

Last edited: