• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

doGooD

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Festival

I have never been... is this something I can bring my 16 month old to? If I bring her off-road stroller, a soccer ball and snacks/baby stuff?

I really want to come, but I do not want to hire a sitter and I can only come Friday night... LMK SoWaller's. Thanks! Also, do I pay $30 for my nine year old too? Ouch! If you know, LMK.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I have never been... is this something I can bring my 16 month old to? If I bring her off-road stroller, a soccer ball and snacks/baby stuff?

I really want to come, but I do not want to hire a sitter and I can only come Friday night... LMK SoWaller's. Thanks! Also, do I pay $30 for my nine year old too? Ouch! If you know, LMK.

I'm not sure about the 9-year old. You'd have to check but I think kids are normal price. It's such a popular event I don't think there are price breaks.

It'll be dark and there is also a large tent set up so there's no room for kids to play as there is when events are on the stage in the daylight evening hours like the Seaside Rep plays. You might be able to find room to spread a blanket but your toddler would pretty much need to be confined to it I think. If someone else has experience maybe they'll chime in.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Kids under 5 are free. Our youngest was 5 for her first Mountain Film (both nights), and she loved everything about it. If there were a few short films that didn't totally engage her, she just enjoyed being outside in a sleeping bag on a beautiful night. A nine year old should be blown away. We wouldn't miss one, and it is worth every single penny!

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
IMO MountainFilm is an outdoor movie theatre showing documentary type movies - so if your kid wouldn't quietly sit in a chair through a 1.5 hour movie, it's not really for them.

Definitely not room for playing with a soccer ball etc. in the film area - there is a section of lawn left open near the entrance where they have marshmallows to roast on fires etc. but you can't see the films from there.

Also, some of the films show stuff that might be a bit much emotionally for a younger kid - animals dying/being butchered, orphans in war zones etc.

The ski films and nature films are great for kids, but overall I would discourage bringing young kids with you - Camp Watercolor or a sitter would make both of your nights more enjoyable. The vast majority of kids I see there tend to get bored and spend their time roaming up and down the aisles to go play somewhere else.

WaterColor Events

Beach Lover
Mar 17, 2009
BTW, buying the tickets online was very easy people! Now, where in the heck do I park?

Glad you're going to make it for the first time!

You can park either in the Inn's parking lot or in the public beach access/TDC parking on the east side. We are offering complimentary hayride shuttles from these two parking areas so folks don't have to trudge several blocks carrying their blankets and chairs.

As far as children, all ages are or course welcome and under five are free but do remember that, as others have said, that it wil be dark and quiet and people will be seated quite closely together. There isn't a lot of room for young kids who may get restless to roam around as in some of the other Rep events or concerts we've held in the same space before.

And it gets ch-ch-ch-chilly after the sun goes down, so dress warmly, bring extra blanket, etc.

Gates open at 6 pm!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
a lightweight sleeping bag will keep you warm and cozy in your beach chair. Warm hat or scarf wrapped around head will also be a big plus.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Gathering chairs, blankets, scarves, warm coats, socks (I usually have the hardest time finding these)-

I finally understand the purpose of a Snuggie- it would be perfect for Mt. Film. (Just a merch idea for next year- a real Snuggie with a large Mt. Film logo...;-))