Ninth Annual Mountainfilm Festival on Tour at WaterColor, November 6 & 7

Discussion in 'Events and Activities' started by WaterColor Events, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

Last night, I saw all of the audio/video crew working hard to set up for Mountain Film. It's looking very good. I saw one big improvement, actually two. This year, they have opened up seating to the entire lawn. Previous years, they have done a rear-screen projection, which also required equipment in the center of lawn in front of the screen, behind which, no one sat. This year, they have improved, using a front projector, which is a big mama jama, and the films appear much brighter on the screen. They are also projecting it from a small tower in the back of the lawn, which opens up all that extra seating, and it's high enough above everyone's head that they won't be making shadow puppets on the screen.

I have much to do today, but I am excited about getting to Mountain Film (on tour) tonight and tomorrow.

2. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

I love it here!

3. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

jdarg, you should consider storing that scarf, warm coat, and that pair of socks in your sleeping bag, so that you will always know where they are for Mtn Film.

When I was there last night, my toes were cold enough to consider wearing socks tonight. Also, there was a light dew on the ground, so be prepared. When you are out there for three hours tonight and tomorrow night, it will be chilly, unless you flew in from Colorado, but even Justin was wearing a fleece last night.

4. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

Yeah, it's so cold!!:floor:

5. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

Your new SoWal name, "Searches For Socks". :D

6. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

You need to write the "Mt. Film Survival Guide".;-)

Let me search for my mind first.

7. passin thru

passin thru Beach Fanatic

thanks for reminding us all, smiling joe ...

socks are truly a wonderful thing, when they're just what's called for ... you don't know how many teeth-chattering people i've talked to at moutainfilm at watercolor over the years, in flip-flops at 9:30 pm, saying "yeah, but i live in florida"

8. scooterbug44

scooterbug44 SoWal Expert

Woo-hoo! It's MountainFilm day! :wub:

Better find my sleeping bag!

9. Alicia Leonard

Alicia Leonard SoWal Insider

In the little town with FUN in the middle
    Tonight will be the first time I get to attend. Thanks for all the tips! :wave:

10. Carol G

Carol G Beach Fanatic

Can't WAIT! I just bought my tickets online, happy early birthday to me! :wub:

11. BeachSteelers

BeachSteelers Beach Fanatic

heard something about bouldering on saturday in watercolor. Anyone got the beta on where and when?

12. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

Did you stay warm enough? And did you enjoy your first Mountain Film?

I loved Mustang~

Huge crowd last night - most dressed for the chilly weather. The "bedspread wrap" was the new fashion statement- saw lots of people wrapped in their bed linens instead of sitting on them.:lol:

13. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

One of the films was about bouldering. There was talk about a bouldering class on one of the WaterColor buildings. I think it was a joke but you never know with this crowd.

http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=2701422

It was a full house under the stars. There were a couple of images that literally made my jaw drop.

There was a film I really liked about a man named Vern who loves watermelons even more than I do.

14. John R

John R needs to get out more

15. Alicia Leonard

Alicia Leonard SoWal Insider

In the little town with FUN in the middle

I loved Vern and I loved Mt. Film.:wub: Red Helmet was the perfect way to open it.

It was great. I did really good as far as the cold because of everyone's tips, but next year, I will add a thermal top under the sweater. I walked away from this feeling like I usually do from a good theater production, energized and inspired. John R, you guys are doing a great thing with this. Thank you:wub: (even though you hate smileys)
    I will be back for both nights next year, and I work to bring more people with me. Everything I saw last night moved and inspired me.

And thank you Scootybug, closer2fine and Honooe for finding us and making room for us to sit with you guys. It was made even better by being with friends.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
  16. elgordoboy

elgordoboy Beach Fanatic

Sounds like fun. Could I ride a bike there and find a place to put it up? And will anyone be there that wants to sneak up behind me and sap me in the back of the head?

17. Dia

Dia Beach Fanatic

Anyone else see the shooting star during film fest?

Aleonard ツ

18. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

Great show. Thanks to all involved, and special thanks to John R, Jim, Justin, Stacy, volunteers, sound and audio crew, and Monark Events.

All I can say is "Carts of Darkness."

19. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

Unfortunately, there isn't enough time to watch all of the cool movies submitted for Mtn Film, at Mountain Film (on tour). "Carts of Darkness" is one of those which is great, though may be too potty mouth and too long for Mtn Film's (on tour) current format.

However, you can watch it from home. The subject matter is sensitive, funny and reflective. Great film. Here it is... "Carts of Darkness" (As I mentioned, it has potty language, so careful on the volume if kids are around -- mostly the ef-bomb.)

20. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert