• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Karah Fridley-Young

Beach Comber
Jan 5, 2016
Please submit a resume and cover letter to info@dcwaf.org

Title: Office Coordinator
Reports to: President
Employee grade: Full-time, Exempt
Level: Non-supervisory

Office Support
-Serve as primary contact to answer phones, get mail, purchase office supplies, greet visitors, manage general correspondence and inquires, staff office. Maintain electronic and physical files. Handle mailing and shipping needs.

-Support DCWAF staff as directed. Specific responsibilities include receiving, purchasing, inventory control, auction lot data entry.

-Coordinate celebrity travel, book accommodations, and communicate changes to staff and Patron Dinner hosts.

-Plan and coordinate mailings, create and update mailing lists for DCWAF events. Maintain email database and lists and update these lists as necessary. Handle Social Media as directed by staff.

-Assist with processing of credit card (and other) purchase transactions for event ticket and patron package sales, etc. Create and send confirmations via e-mail or at the patron’s request.

-Organize and maintain all storerooms both at the off and offsite

Auction Support
Database Management & Relationship with Auction Software

Assist in the use of auction software to integrate auction item/lot details with event attendee/bidder information and generate basis for auction catalog and support documents needed for auction (i.e. Bid sheets, live runner sheets, lot sign out sheets, guest lists, seating chart).

Auction Catalog & Addendum
Assist in writing auction lot descriptions as assigned by supervisor using all information tracked in auction software via procurement responsibilities. Provide information to copy writer / graphic designer regarding description of auction lots and items. Track changes for catalog addendum and provide needed information to appropriate parties.

Auction Logistics
Assist in the management and organization of inventory of physical items for auction lots, including transfer process to event venue. Assist maintenance of auction lots throughout pre to post auction timeline.

Concierge Services
Assist winning bidders and donors to schedule travel/stays/dinners and other components of trip-based lots on as-needed basis. Connect winning bidders with donors to work together directly when possible.

Charity Relations
Assist with the coordination of charity applications, submissions, and selections. Work closely with Charity Relations Chair to present material at board meetings, executive directors meetings, and other foundation meetings.

Event Coordination
Assist all patron hosts with guest lists, reservations, transportation, and coordination of dinner production with celebrity vintners and chefs. Manage hospitality for out of town celebrity guests.

Ancillary & (non-auction) Event Support Duties:
Attend and staff DCWAF events, Happy Hours, and all other events. Provide direct support for check-in function, working with Events Manager to establish processes and as needed, volunteers, to execute events.

These duties and responsibilities may alter without notice and may not represent all requirements of this position.

Last edited:

FloridaMermaid

Beach Comber
Jan 10, 2016
Dear Karah:
Have you received my email last week? I would love to speak to you about this position.
Thank you!
Best regards,
Rita LaRue

Karah Fridley-Young

Beach Comber
Jan 5, 2016
Hi Rita,

Yes we received your resume. We are still accepting resumes and will begin the interview process soon. Stay tuned for an email. Cheers!

Sheri Kibler

Beach Crab
Jan 13, 2016
Hi Karah,
Wanted to follow up to see if you received my resume. I sent via my phone and wasn't certain if attachment was sent as well!. Look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you,
Sheri K.

KKatherine

Beach Lover
Nov 28, 2015
Hello! I would love to talk to someone about this position. I have sent in my resume to the attached email. Could you please confirm you received it? Thank you!

Karah Fridley-Young

Beach Comber
Jan 5, 2016
This position has been filled, many thanks to all of those who submitted resumes. We encourage you to stay connected with the nonprofits in the area as they are often looking for dedicated individuals to add to their team with strong marketing backgrounds and experience. We wish you the best of luck with your professional endeavors. Cheers!