• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jenksy

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2012
Danny, I also suspected the same thing regarding the facebook posts. After reading the comments from many of those that are trying to remove the confederate flag to justify their own prejudices I believe it is MORE LIKELY than not. These people do not want us to know their names because they might lose their jobs, are scared of the boogey man and probably have a good sense that they are on the side of hypocrisy.

Teresa, I am shocked that there are people in Sowal that can not clean around their own back doors (literally and figuratively). I am shocked at the hypocrisy in Sowal. I am shocked at the disrespect in Sowal. I am shocked at the crudeness of many of your Sowal posters. I as shocked that even though Sowal is paradise people still do not have anything better to do than place blame on a flag for prejudice and racism when it exists in your own back yard. Why so much energy on removing a flag when there a better ways to end racism right in your own Sowal community?

Misty, I will be out of town but I will "voice" my signature to keep the flag directly to those voting. I do still want to meet Justin though and tell him how much more civilized he is in supporting the Confederate Flag than many of those opposed. He is not hiding his name or his pride. He is a man of true character and not hiding behind a computer to avoid recognition.

Cuff, Jdarg, Lake View Too, Poppy, Leader of the Banned. If anyone should be ashamed of anything you might want to start around your own back door. I am really "shocked" at how much energy you have on removing a flag. I really believe you are "hiding" behind some guilt of something. If you really wanted to rid the world of prejudice and racism there are better things you could do. Probably could start with inviting more African Americans into your community. Please share with us how you have DONE anything other than ranting about removing a flag to support the cause for equality.

I bet they'd be shocked to know most of your customers are in SoWal.

I don't personal attacks are allowed on this site.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
Jeez! I don't think we can incorporate soon enough.:eek:

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
No, I assumed that some of them had more than a few friends and more importantly that the join date would go back a few years. If not then they would be suspect, you know, because no history, get it? Surely you must think Danny's conspircacy theory is absurd and easily disproven.

https://www.facebook.com/courthouseflag?fref=ts

What I think (actually, what I know) is that there have been some pretty ugly, racist things said by people on both sides of this issue including this from the link you posted from an individual who says she is living in Amsterdam, Netherlands working at Whataburger. I would also be willing to bet the bank that similar comments were quickly taken down to deflect the appearance of impropriety on the part of those with an agenda to remove the flag. In fact, the first time I saw that site there were several like minded posters such as the one below which are now gone...morphed into cyber space.

Take down this flag and to hell with walton county! idiots if any body should be mad about racisim it should be me!! my family is native american the first slaves that ever existed bet you dummies didn't know that cause you can't read a history book!!

Ironically, the exact same poster also said:
Never take down my heritage what we the south fought hard for!! PLEASE GET EDUCATED ON SOUTHERN HISTORY IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RACE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH SLAVES IT WAS THE NORTHS TAXATION ON THE SOUTH DONT YOU READ ANY THING BESIDES FACEBOOK TWITTER AND INSTAGRAM IM BEGINNING TO THINK HUMAN BRAINS HAVE WENT TO S*HIT! READ A HISTORY BOOK FOR ONCE AND THEN TELL ME WHY YOU WANT TO TAKE DOWN THIS FLAG!!

Seems she can't decide whether she is coming or going and there was only a 6 minute time difference in her first post (the one above) and the last where she called people in Walton County idiot racists and both posts were "liked" by the same individual which makes it appear that there are other "like minded", "confused" individuals out there spreading the love. I'm thankful she doesn't actually live in Walton County because I'd be embarrassed as hell for the de-flaggers if she showed up at the BCC meeting and actually voiced those same thoughts in public.

Last edited:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
This was a good debate with mostly thoughtful ideas until just recently, with a little harmless jabbing and sarcasm now and then. Maybe some heated discussion and misunderstandings. We learned and got a good look at many different and important perspectives.

I'm sorry people are getting angry and pointing fingers at one another, making accusations and calling names of fellow posters in this discussion. It is not necessary to do this when you can just simply state your own views. Why throw your fellow forum members under the bus, blaming them, for any reason? I don't get it.

It's time to breathe and put it all into perspective. We are better than this. We are all in this together. Walton County has a huge range of people with a big range of ideas and opinions. We can try to understand others through civil engagement. Once accusations start, wrongly interpreting views of fellow posters, then we've lost something good.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Troll by definition...
is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion

Sorry not sorry for pointing out the obvious.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I don't see a troll here, at least not the typical kind that I just ignore. I see emotions getting in the way of good manners, people suddenly getting angry, not caring about forum rules and etiquette. I also see lots of whining from one or two about other people who have participated in this discussion in a good way. Until now. I see people, who were once civil and friendly, trying to draw lines, put people into sides, and make a fight. I'm not interested.

I may not agree with every person's view or post. But I really do appreciate them taking the time to tell us about their own personal thoughts. And often learn something more about the overall issue. Why would anyone use these ideas, twist them, blame them for some nonsense that concocted in their head about their ideas, put words in their mouth that never existed, and then call them out by name with accusations? I don't get it. I really don't.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I don't see a troll.
I didn't think that you would. Perception is everything.

I see emotions getting in the way of good manners.
And I didn't see any manners in Cuff's posts. Again, its all about perception.

I also lots of whining from one or two about other people who have participated in this discussion.
Participation to me means having a a semi intelligent conversation with individuals who may not necessarily share the same views without denigrating others with comments like:
Misty
Please tell him that even the bib overalls are made in China.
OR
Keep that rag up and add more fuel for why SoWal needs to incorporate and stop sending our tax dollars to the poor white ignorant racists . Embarrassing and so shallow but as Misty's bunch says , "Keep it flying" .
AND
Walmart no longer sell that"piece of cloth" but they do sell everything China can produce. So misinformed. Again.
in response to an informative post for mputnal or others who may have been interested.

I see people trying to draw lines and make a fight. I'm not interested.

Nor am I. But, I will point out what I consider to be trolling and report it as such.